Notices

Day 6

Old 11-21-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hi all, I posted back in february which was the last time I really gave sobriety a go... and today am on day 6. I haven't made it this long ever except when I was extremely sick and when I was pregnant but the alcoholism has gotten much worse since the birth of my two children 5 yrs ago. Does anyone know of online sponsors or aa help without having to physically show up in a meeting? I know I need someone to help me work the steps. Thanks, glad to be back.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know of anyone just online, but I HIGHLY recommend going to meetings. The fellowship and experience is AMAZING. I am also a mother and being sober for my daughter means I have to go to meetings, bottom line. It is much better then her having a drunk mom.

Congrats on day 6!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jamie2012. I am glad you are here with us. 6 days is a big deal. Congratulations.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jamie2012, congrats on day 6. This is a good place for support.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Personally - I don't think getting an "online sponsor" is the key. That's like saying "Can I hire an online person to clean my house?" Not sure that dust/dirt will get cleaned :P There are lots of beautiful programs out there inpatient/outpatient - you'd be surprised whats available. I was really opposed to the idea of counseling of ANY type about my problem - I scoffed at it. Even after I had got out of detox!! Go figure. You really need to determine if you do have a problem - if so - get the help you need by talking to a DR or health care professional. Don't be ashamed - is that why you want anonymity of online?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you came back to give it another shot Jamie. 6 days is great - you can do it this time.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jamie

D
Old 11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're giving it another go.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies... why the online? because I cant make it to meetings. I have to be at work too early for the early bird meetings and am at home with my small children at night. And yes anonymity would be another bonus
Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done on 6 days Jamie and welcome back. Have you thought of any other system to AA? I think there are a lot of people here who have managed a sober life without the use of AA. A lot of people use rational recovery andAVRT techniques. Perhaps you can check those out. Anyway just a thought, all the best.