Notices

my final pity check in

Old 11-21-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my final pity check in

As I just stated in an earlier post, I am sober & plan to stay that way. Just not willing\ready to be bashed for my post. Critism or tough love, WTF ever you wanna call it. I have a friend here I will try to keep contact with, but at this point see no reason to post for the forum. Just wanted all to know I wasn't pushed to drinking. Ohh & here is a pic of my back; it doesn't show the spasms I have to deal w\ but does show the muscle mass that was removed.

ForumRunner_20131121_123624.jpg
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to Go! Now let's take a look at the front side! Actually I don't mean to be frivolous. Haven't kept up with what you've apparently been through. So I say congratulations on getting through what appears to be a tough challenge and maintaining your sobriety. We're giving you a hearty round of applause and send you every good wish!

W.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What ya wanna see, the 30 pounds I have lost b\c of the pain or the 6 inch scar they used to check for internal bleeding :p either or that is not happening lol. Only have about 15 or so minutes left before the tears from my pain starts; so any more questions people have you better ask fast. LoL
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to see you go AW. Best of luck. Hope you can find what you are looking for someday.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I don't think anyone here is "bashing" you because of the health situation you're dealing with. There are lots of people on this site who are dealing with health issues and trying to stay sober at the same time.

Yes, you got a tough love post. That kind of motivation doesn't work on everyone. It certainly doesn't work for me. But you can't let that stuff get to you.

I think the point is, even though many of us are dealing with other issues (I'm currently dealing with avascular necrosis in my hips; I had a double hip replacement 2 weeks ago and I'm only 31), sobriety still requires action. We have to find ways to actively deal with both the health stuff and learning how to stay sober. Moping around about how much pain I'm in or the fact that I have to use a walker like an old man certainly doesn't help me.

I wish I could just say, "brush it off, D." But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Either way, I wish you the best. Keep your chin up!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
What ya wanna see, LoL
Any interesting tattoos?

W.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're sober, you're dealing with things the best you can, you're participating in a recovery program, you've removed yourself from a stressful situation and are back home, you're building a recovery network, and, personally, I understand the mind frame where one poster can send you into a tizzy. I would react the same way.

But I think SR is a positive place to post, read, share, and help others trudge the sometimes very difficult recovery road.

Stick around. For me.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are always welcome here, AugustWest11. I admire your steadfast resolve to stay sober. Be well. Best of luck. I hope to hear from you again.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
LoL
At least you're still logged on and laughing!

AW, you need to join Deeker's "24-Hour Club." All it does for certain is get you to log on to SR once a day (which you usually do anyway). Reading Deeker's regular posts is optional, but recommended. Today's is kind of hokey, but it's about laughter.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4304324

Old 11-21-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

That looks awfully painful
Keep up the good work staying sober and I hope your health improves soon.

Ps: and I m with wpainterw, any interesting tattoos?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Geez bro,sorry to see and hear about your pain.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

August, sweet August. I have been following your posts over the months. I have seen you struggle and triumph and fall and brush yourself off and try again. There is no doubt you have been having a rough go at it. NO doubt whatsoever. None of us can deny what an awful hand you have been dealt physically.

But................

Buddy, you will attach on to ANYTHING that justifies you staying a "victim". And every one of us drunks knows where that leads. My tantrums about how crap tastic my life has been kept me exactly where I wanted it to keep me. And that was drunk. Seeing your reactions over the months to anything that could even remotely be considered even slightly negative serves only to proliferate and empower your disease.

Newsflash love, ALL of us are pulling for you. No one wants to see you go. But if picking up your ball and going home is what you truly feel is the best choice for you, then go. The last thing SR should be doing for you, is making you even more vulnerable to your addiction. And only you can answer that for yourself.

If you can step out of yourself for a moment, and see how your reactions are coming from a place of victim mentality, maybe you could see the truth.

I, with all my heart, wish you the very best in your journey and on your path.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A few tats yes. As for the 24 hr club, can't happen. Just took the last of my pain meds & in a few hours will be bed ridden, unless I find 1 of my old drug dealers :p So thanx all, will post some day when I can steal the net near mom's. Ohh & not sure who posted it but they said I am home; no I'm not, boston is my home, right now I am in purgatory. Dooner, don't take me leaving as your fault, I am just naturally sensitive & all that is going on just adds to it. Finally, Dee I respect you 100% but didn't over react he doubted I actually couldn't get a job w\ out knowing d**k about my physical situation. Alright started crying so now I am out to sneak through the back ways so no one sees me being a panzy.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Come back anytime!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, I get it now, you are the one JD tangled with. I'm sorry, AW, I haven't been following the Newcomers forum much lately. JD is very intense and I didn't see the post but I am sure he was trying to inspire you to dig deeper for resolve, not bash you. I would like to encourage you to stay.

FG
Old 11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Take care aw xxxx
Old 11-21-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think the people here only have good intentions AW. If you need / want to post in the forum then you should. The support here is invaluable and i hope you choose to stick around. Best wishes.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I am also sorry to see you go. I can imagine that that is quite painful. You are always going to get opinions that you don't like. Take what you need from the responses and leave the rest. Don't let the responses you don't like affect your recovery or posting here. They can only affect you if you let them. At the end of the day they are only someone elses opinion. You are not required to agree with them or do what they say.

Take care of yourself and stay strong August!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Have a safe journey and a happy ending. Our thoughts and wishes go with you!

W.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Is this the thread where we post our surgical scars? I had 2 spinal cord surgeries following a ski accident and can show you my "zipper".
Good stuff on staying sober AugustWest11, stay strong.