Notices

Day 1 Sober

Old 11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

congrats welcome here, i do feel like i googled too much too and it kind of makes you more anxious because you read some crazy horror stories that dont happen to everyone, its kind of like the first time you withdrew and didnt know you were withdrawing and thought you just had a cold/flu and it wasnt as bad because you told yourself its just a cold
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

then again i dont know your body and maybe you need to see a doc since everyone is different never go solely on someone on the internets advice
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thatslife, thank you so much for your reply. It helped more than you know! I think I was freaking myself out too much. I feel good today other than the feeling of "allergies" or "sinus infection" which I'm sure is just the detoxing, and headache. I haven't felt dizzy or confused, or shaky, none of hat weird stuff! Although I was only able to sleep 3 hours last night. :-(

I actually got into an argument with my husband last night - normally I would've went straight to the bottle - Instead, I wrote in my journal. He's learning to be supportive - as a non-drinker, i don't think he knows what to do exactly. Or "how" to help.

It will get better tho. I'm spending my first Friday night sober at AA
Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well nov20. Look forward to seeing you progress
Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sounds like good going there Nov20. Have a great meeting and a great Friday night!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,
That is a lot of vodka, I am so glad you have decided to stop. My first sponsor drank about that a day if not more and she got sober and is a very happy woman.

I have been coming to this site for more than 2 years on a daily basis, lots of support and information. I also follow the 12 step program and go to meetings when I can.

I suffered from anxiety but the longer I am sober the less the anxiety, the 12 step program shows me how to deals with life .

All the best on your sober journey.

CaiHong
Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Better the journal than the bottle when angry - although you may want to burn it in a few years.

Glad you are doing well and you are looking forward to a sober Friday. I found that hard in the beginning. An AA meeting should help and hope that the meeting helps you out. There are a lot of us out there. Safety in numbers!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 6 sober and finally feeling great!! Not craving alcohol, it still crosses my mind, but enjoying life is so much better than being in a drunken haze every night!! Feeling very positive :-)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there!! We are proud of you ;-)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you!! I was worried to death the first few days. I feel strong now. And I know I'll only get stronger :-)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We are proud of you Nov20. Each day has its ups and downs as I am learning. Yesterday I was cranky as hell. Then spent the afternoon and evening with my 2 grandsons. Had a blast and I have been feeling in good spirits all day today. Not one desire to crack a cold one. (today).
You can do it! Think of the good reasons in your life to succeed.