Notices

Scared . Crying out for help today :(

Old 11-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Oh Snoozy. I just want to give you a big hug!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My dear snoozie I'm so proud if you! I'm very grateful for you humble honest post. You are never alone here. I hope your day is brighter today. Keep up what your doing and remember your beauty from your " soul to your toes"
Old 11-21-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Snoozy don't be too rattled by this but keep the memory somewhere to remind yourself if AV starts. Think carefully about what you did/thought to resist temptation because it's a good weapon to have in your arsenal, then let it go and move on.
This is very good advice.

Snoozy, you are always so supportive of everyone here, so it's sad to see you so upset yourself.

You know what I went through with my slip, you know it was hard and horrible. There is no way you deserve to choose that for you.

That drink you crave is worthless and nothing...and will make you feel the same. What if it sparks off more desire in you and what you say yes to is not just one drink, but a bender....or worse?

There is more at stake here than one drink you could be potentially saying yes to?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks guys ;-)

Your comments meant so much to me .

I went out with my youngest daughter and did some retail therapy . I'm in a better frame of mind.xx

You people mean everything to me ...i don't know how i coped pre SR

...WELL ?..actually i DO - don't I ? i didn't cope , but now i have you xox

I'm blessed
Old 11-21-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Snoozy, I just want to say that I have been in similar situations countless times over the past couple of years...either by myself or socially..where I felt less thank, unsettled, boring, different...and felt like the only thing that would save me was having a drink (many, of course). Just a month or so ago I was with a bunch of co-workers, some drinking and some not, and I felt immensely out of place, like a fish out of water. I got in my car and cried and cried afterwards. Sobriety brings up feelings that are otherwise stuffed down not got through because we were drinking.

Unfortunately, about half of those times I felt like you did the other night, I didn't stay strong...and I did drink, despite having weeks or months of sobriety behind me. YOu stayed strong, you got through it, and you are all the better for it. I will share my favorite quote (once agan) from Drinking, a Love Story: "The way to the other side of a bad feeling is through it, not around it".

You will get through this Snoozy. Hugs
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Snoozy, i have just read this. I'm sorry you were upset. Be proud of yourself for staying strong. Big hugs.