Notices

Today i realized ...

Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Better man in progress!

Today i realized ...

That when i run marathon, half-marathon or a spartan race, im able to tell that voice in my head to shut up, this voice thats tells me damn this is hard, this is painful, damn its cold outside... I always tell it to shut up, no matter whata and i always succeed battered and bruised bleeding or not i always finish my races.

Today i came to realise that i never ever used that will against alcohol, guess what..

Today is a new day.

Im bringing you down alcohol voice, and i know there will be rough moments but you had your last victory saturday 17 november 2013, now youre my bitch!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! Keep checking in HH. I've been thinking about taking up running, haven't started yet, but it's helped so many people. I know people who were absolutely on the skids but they were able to get better - by running. There is something about it that really changes people.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that is a great post...I used to run but lately my binging got in the way I like the attitude you are using against that AV...once I'm feeling better I hope to do the same and get back into running again...
Old 11-19-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fellow marathoner, hellhammer, but from the Alanon side of the equation. Running has been a lifesaver and a source of sanity for me.

It makes me clean, washes out whatever has been troubling me, makes me strong and pliable at the same time. Often I have felt so empowered during a run, then after stopping have let loose a torrent of tears. It puts me in touch w/something inside that I can't access any other way.

Wishing you strength and clarity as you confront your addiction.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I merged two identical threads.

I'm not a runner but I hope that approach works for you HH

D
Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey HH

I am a keen runner as well. I know what you mean about blocking out the pain and keeping a singular focus when running ! I have never tried that with my recovery but t seems like a good idea to stop the cravings ! Good on you and I hope that it works well !
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

Great post HH
I have been on this thread for a few months now, sometimes advice is given to members to look back at earlier posts they made to remind them of why they quit. I think you should tag this post, not only for yourself, but for everyone to remind us How to stay resolved.
Great advice channel that positive energy into resolve, love the energy, good on you, quite the badass you
Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats i feel the same way when i work out
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't run. But I have ridden my bike across two states now and never thought about drinking over the week I was riding. Maybe burning up our energy is what we were doing with alcohol, because right now I have so much energy and I think right now, alcohol provided a way to consume that energy. 2+2=3.... maybe people who exercise a lot just learned long before me that it helped keep them calm and content.

Just babbling, good luck brother and keep running!!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi HH. I've run many marathons over the years and managed to do so while drinking heavily. I ran inspite of my drinking. I still run a marathon and a couple of halves a year, but I do this as a sober person. It is so nice waking up for a 20 mile training run and not be crippled by a hangover. I honestly don't know how I did it. So glad I'm off that train.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SeaScape

What a great way to channel your run strong will. I run too. Marathon in the new year on the calendar for me - thought training through the holidays would keep me real - real when everyone is partying alot. Stay strong and determined. Faith.