Notices

Test after test after test.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
....as bad as things are, we have to face them sober. I definitely have moments when I want a "get out of jail free" ticket because I'm still early in my sobriety and yep, I want life to cut me a break for that. Then, after my slip, I realised that's the same bratty voice that led me to alcoholism. Ie, "Bad day, I deserve this, I deserve that".

I'm addicted to alcohol, which means I'm addicted to a quick fix. Life, unfortunately doesn't always allow a quick fix. Very frustrating, and I hope you at least have a chance to collect your thoughts and work through it.

Be strong. Big hugs.
I don't want to hijack this thread from alpha, but I want to give kudos to Croissant for this quote.

Thanks for posting what I needed to read at exactly the time I read it!

This has been me - after a bad two weeks - and I keep saying to myself and no one in particular "Can't I just get a break?" "Why don't I ever just get a break?", and "I deserve a break" It's as if just because I have stopped abusing myself with alcohol, I want to be magically "given" something from the universe in recognition of my efforts, and that I want things to automatically fall into place. (This is me: I want a new job, give it to me and make it easy to get and make it happen next week before the holidays start.)

I do believe that what you put out there you get back, but there is bad thinking in the idea that just because we are going through something hard by removing toxic alcohol from our lives, that the world needs to now step up and shower us with benefits. Ha ha ha! I need to remember that.

Smiles
Old 11-20-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Test after test , hurt after hurt , pain after pain .

Bring it on life ... i will not resort to drugs or alcohol .. this is the bottom line . I'm living life fully till it's end , even if my heart bleeds in doing so .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-20-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
I'm getting nailed with negative. It's almost comical.

From every direction, I have more excuses to fall face first into the bottle than I ever have. My heart is broken from disappointment, my beloved dog is gravely ill, I'm swimming without googles through a sh1tstorm at work, and yet, I have never been stronger in my resolve to NOT LET IT WIN.

I refuse, I adamantly refuse, to give myself permission to hurt myself even further by drinking.

I'm fu(king pissed, as all get out, at the battles I'm facing right now. But know full well this is a part of my own creating to test my limits.
Being frustrated, feeling pain and not always getting what we want is part of the deal we make when we make a commitment to get sober, and always a difficult place to be. It's a challenge that can take you to better places. You made all the right moves in actively participating in your recovery, and it isn't always fun. But it does allow us to practice things like courage, perseverance and a willingness to better ourselves. These are powerful attributes that almost always pay off in the long run. Even when things don't work out the way we plan or the way we want them to.

Sometimes making a commitment to live a better life is not enough, and we're challenged to make a leap of faith that there is a better way for us. You're doing great.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I just adore all of you.

So much.

For taking time out of your lives to share some heartfelt words of encouragement, and strength and understanding. I hang on to every word written here to me. It empowers me. And gives me solace. And makes me fight a little bit harder.

We alcoholics are part of a small but significant fraternity.
And I am absolutely honored to be walking this path with the likes of each and every one of you.

With all the love in the Universe being sent straight to your hearts...

XO AO