Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
why isnt this enough?

Talking newbie

Hello everyone,
I'm here looking for a better support system for my marijuana addiction.. I have set a second attempt date for the 20th of Nov.. Ill try to have some what daily posts for anyone who would maybe like to offer support, words of encouragement, or share stories and experiences please feel free..
Thanks so much, DREAMS
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dreams

I smoked pot for 30 years - I know there's others of us around too.

It's rough - but not impossible
Why not start now tho?

D
Old 11-21-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
why isnt this enough?

You're absolutely right. I know for myself who has been a heavy smoker daily. And I mean heavy.. Like maybe 6 grams a day or more depending on who was around. So I fear that my time to be clean will take longer because I smoked heavy and my weight is a lil heavy also lol so I wonder the possibility of timing. I'm looking to start a new job before the end of January. I would like to be able to pass a test. so hopefully I can have a good support system here because around me I don't..
Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I smoked all day everyday by the end - it probably took me a month all up to feel ok, but only the first week was really a hassle.

You'll be fine for January if you quit now I think

D
Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
why isnt this enough?

So its the end of the day this is my second day.. I'm feeling somewhat support from the people around me but I can still say its none. So far I may have gotten more words of encouragement off of this site.. Not a totally bad thing but makes me ponder... Makes me want to strive for completion of not only to possibly remove marijuana from my life but to separate myself from the negative emotions I put towards people for not understanding... If i'm alone I can dwell on me being drug free or I can celebrate it alone with a new book or here on SR lol thanks guys

Last edited by dreamsandluv; 11-21-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome dreams :-)
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I use to grow commercially back in Colorado and sell to the dispensaries before they changed the law. I had pounds of the stuff and would smoke everyday as much as I wanted. You need to get your skeletons out of the closet and deal with them and then you wont need to hide behind your addiction. Just a thought, hang in the dreamsandluv.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Dreams
I quit ciggs, and drank my beer and smoked my weed. Then I quit drinking and just smoked my weed. Thought I would smoke for the rest of my life. Then a friend who had quit said "I miss smoking but I don't want to give up the clarity I have now". That's when I got sober. It wasn't easy and some days are still tough and I have a lot of friends around who smoke but I took the sober road. Sometimes I ask myself "I'm sober? What?" But I just tell myself "go with it". To be honest I don't even know if that friend who helped me get sober still is himself but that doesn't matter. I hope he is but this is my path and you have yours. Give sober a try. You can do it.
-Ted