SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My whole story... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/313710-my-whole-story.html)

msqueen 11-16-2013 05:44 PM

My whole story...

I joined this website a few days ago just stating my sober date. I would like to briefly tell my story. I started drinking at the age of 16. I was a heavy drinker on the weekends. I would drink until I got drunk and blacked out. I did things I would not remember the next day. I would wake up and have no idea where I was. At the age of 20, I had a wreck while I was drunk. I passed out while driving. I flipped my car and it caught on fire. I sustained 3rd degree burns on my back, leg, and side. I also had a broken pelvis and a broken arm. I was drinking again within a month of that. Two months later I got my first DUI. I continued to drink until I met my first husband, got married and had my first child. I didn't drink after that for 4 years. I started hanging out with some old friends and got back in the habit. I started drinking again with my friends on the weekends. My husband and I got a divorce and then the drinking got worse. I drank heavy again for a few years. I had another wreck and got a second DUI. I met my second husband and after we married and started having children, I quit drinking. I was sober for 5 years. We got a divorce and of course, I started back. About a year later, I got my third DUI. I was drinking on the weekends when I didn't have my kids. I had gotten so depressed and was drinking so much, I checked myself into a mental facility. I was there for 10 days and while I was there, my ex-husband gained custody of my kids. This tore my whole world apart. My life was over and all I could do to take the pain away was drink. I continued some but not as much as I had in the past. I tried to turn to God but I always went back to my old ways. I remarried a year ago to an alcoholic. He is an alcoholic in denial. Of course, that gave me means to drink. He drinks everyday and so when I would want to drink, that was ok...since he did. Three weeks ago today, my husband and I got in a huge fight, I started drinking and left the house driving. I received my fourth DUI that night. That's the last time I drank. Everytime I got a DUI or had a wreck, my mom and sister came to my rescue. I have put them through hell and it's time to stop. They don't deserve to have to deal with my problems anymore. I've been sober for 21 days now and I feel great!!

Raider 11-16-2013 05:49 PM

Check your texts !!!!

Leana 11-16-2013 06:37 PM

Welcome, thank you for sharing your story.

May I ask...what are doing to help support your sobriety? AA or any other program or counseling or in/out patient?

Hevyn 11-16-2013 07:15 PM

Hi Msqueen. I'm glad you shared that - I hope it helped to tell your story. After all you've been through, it's so good to see how determined and optimistic you are. You haven't given up on sobriety and a healthy life. We know you can do it!

Mags1 11-16-2013 07:23 PM

Hi msqueen keep with it, 21 days free of alcohol, brilliant.

Dee74 11-16-2013 07:50 PM

I'm really sorry you had to go through all that, msqueen - but it's awesome you're here and sober :)

congratulations on 21 days! :)

D