Notices

Never say never

Old 11-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh, RAL, I am so very sorry for your loss! But, as Dee said, it was an accident.

Lots of hugs and support coming your way. Stay sober, as painful as this moment is, this too shall pass.

Thinking of you.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Ready, I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Big hugs.

Drinking will just make it feel worse Sweetie....and you will wake up, and he will still be gone and you'll feel terrible.

It's an awful way to get tested, but you can get through this sober.

Be gentle on yourself.xx
Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I'm coming up for 12 months sober in early December and have had a really bad week this week. I''ve had some health issues and feeling pretty lousy and irritable this week. Today my dog died. He was 12 months old and ran under my car. I killed him and carried him in my arms as he passed away. Tonight more than ever I really want to drink. I really thought the cravings,pain and mental need to drink had gone.How wrong I was. I won't drink but the fact I want to scares me.
((((((Ready at Last))))))),

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. This past summer I almost killed our dog with an overdose of a flea medication that she was allergic to and she spent a week at the animal hospital. Over $3000 in vet bills and she is still not quite the same. This is a dog that we rescued and she has already been through many terrible things in her life. I cried my eyes out for days. I know the pain that you are feeling. I am so happy that you are not drinking. I guess what this situation shows, is that no matter how long we are sober the desire to drink will never fully go away, however the tools we have, and the proof that we are strong enough to overcome our cravings is what comes from long term sobriety. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your loss. It is really hard to lose a loved pet. I put my cat down just this summer and now my other cat is sick and I don't think he's going to make it more than a day or two, he can't walk straight anymore and he just stays in his little house that I made him out of boxes, so we are in the same boat this week, and it's just a real hard thing. So I am sorry about what happened to your friend dog

My condolences.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words

I'm so sorry to hear about your cats notmyreal name.It is heartbreaking isn't it.

doubledragons-you're right.This has taught me that no matter how long we have drink may seem an option,It's just how we handle the thoughts I suppose.

soberbella- I will think of it like that=he was with me for a reason,albeit for a sadly too short space of time

courage-It really has made me treasure what I do have.how scarily short life can be

thanks again all for your kindness and support
Old 11-17-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi, so sorry for your loss of your dog lots of love and hugs x
Old 11-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

sending you internet hugs Ready. i've lost a cat (my dear Siamese, Jose) to a car accident just outside my house. i regret so much because i was late getting home due to drinking. i should have been there to let him back in. it broke my heart that he died on the road alone. i felt like it was all my fault but we can't blame ourselves. it is a terrible fact that accidents happen. you gave your pup a wonderful year of life. he will be waiting for you over the Rainbow Bridge. *hug*
Old 11-17-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Are you alright RAL?
Old 11-17-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Afternoon RAL how are you today? Hope you got through last night ok X
Old 11-17-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry about the terrible accident with your beloved dog.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind thoughts again today.
The shock is easing. I'm still upset but trying to remember thegood memories of him.

The whole incident just reminds me how fragile we are, both in life generally and with our sobriety. I didn't drink. Quitting drinking doesn't mean life's going to be perfect. Life is just life,there are good times and some horribly bad times. It's all about how we react to bad times and how we deal with them .Getting sober just means learning new coping skills and living a new life. No matter how bad things get there's nothing drink will solve or help us cope.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
~sb

Sending you condolences, love and hugs.

that wanting to drink is your brain not wanting to feel. If we don't feel, we rob ourselves of life's lessons. feel, grieve, move forward

Hugs,
~SB