Notices

feel sh!t wanna die

Old 11-16-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel sh!t wanna die

fell absolutally sh!t, just want to be dead so nothing bothers me anymore, not got guts to do that so just want to get p!ssed

i not drank for 6 weeks,i got ocd washing dissorder and it driving me nuts and the help im supposed to be getting is taking ages, what the f do they expect me to do? i got two big problems alcoholism and ocd

i cant cope with my ocd on its own, so i drink to black it out, but the idiots just sit back taking their time to give me help,

i dont know how else to explain it apart from i CANT cope no more
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please hang in teardrop! I know you feel that drinking will lessen your discomfort, but it will make you feel worse after. You have committed to get yourself help - the help will come. Trust and have faith. Do not drink. You dont need to. You can do this. I bet you are just frustrated right now and it will pass.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Things will get better, drinking will only make things worse. Treat yourself to a meal you love or some other treat. good luck
Old 11-16-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, teardrop, you've done so well. 6 weeks is fantastic, especially given everything else you're facing

Don't let others knock you off course, stay strong. We're all here supporting you
Old 11-16-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

6 weeks is awesome! Hang in there, it will get better, and you do matter.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You have 6 weeks and that is fantastic! Hang in there and just know that now that you have given yourself a good run sober that drinking now will only make things worse. I suffer from mild OCD and nervous ticks myself and, for me, drinking always made it worse. You can do this and it will get better!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know how you feel, things get tough sometimes. Drinking won't help. Go for a walk or to a movie. Try to relax and clear your mind. Or vent in here. Things will turn around, hang in there!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I really admire your courage to get sober and deal with your ocd! Please don't give up. My depression was kicking me really hard just a few hours ago...I was a crying puddle. I came home, reached out for support. I just ordered my favorite balsamic chicken salad and splurged on some garlic bread as well followed by my always go to...ice cream! Now I'm going to take a nap. H.A.L.T. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. I was all of those so I'm working on addressing it.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's taking so long for you to get help with the ocd.

Hugs and prayers coming your way.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

I feel for you about your OCD, teardrop. Many people don't appreciate that this is an extremely painful condition. I imagine you get some relief by drinking, but that's not the best choice right now.

When you do get help, and if you're not now on meds, this would be a good time to explore this option.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

congrats on 6 weeks. that's an amazing accomplishment especially considering what you're going through. keep reaching out for support. you can even call an AA hotline and just talk to someone. maybe check out the chat room. just know that once you start seeing someone, if they want to put you on medication, they want you to be sober for some time. it's a terrible Catch-22. i just met a woman who's seeing a doctor that won't put her on antidepressants because she's still drinking. stay the course and reach out. we're here to help you.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you have to wait Teardrop. It's the same in most countries I think.

If you need attention - make some noise - phone whoever and make sure they know how low and desperate you feel.

Make sure they know that you're resorting to drinking and that makes you feel even lower.

Make sure you tell them that sometimes you feel like there's no point going on.

Visit your Drs or doctors - tell them the same thing - get them to write supporting letters.

If you've done all this, do it again. The bottom line is you're the best fighter for your needs.

I know it's hard to do - but if you want help these days, you sometimes need to be a nuisance about it, teardrop.

D
Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

6 weeks is awesome!!!!! You can make it!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Teardrop - as you're in the UK, you will have a local crisis team in your area. Phone MIND and ask or ask your GP/citizens advice etc tomorrow.
Did you look at the website I sent yesterday? You didn't reply to the pm so I don't know if you've look at it. There are further helplines within it.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think it's a good idea to check yourself into a facility. You are discussing not wanting to live and that is very disturbing. I think it would do you a world of good.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Actually drinking makes anxiety/OCD worse - you have a temp relief and maybe a blackout - then there is the rebound affect. You really should talk to a DR about some type of medication. I was really opposed to it at first, but now take a mild antidepressant. A lot of people self-medicate - but alcohol is not a condoned medication for anxiety/ocd - I wouldn't even suggest taking OTC meds for anything if you have drank for long periods of time without talking to a DR. Hang in there and let someone know. I had a TON of anxiety talking to my DR about my drinking/withdrawal - when I left I felt sooo much better. They were very understanding and helpful.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I really don't mean to criticize but your post sort of sounds like your playing the "blame game" to make yourself feel better about your relapse.

You can do it. Please keep trying.