Notices

Trying Again

Old 06-10-2004, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Trying Again

Hi, I am once again trying to let go of my pain med addiction. I have enough left to get me through 2 days and then I need to give them up again. I have tried this before and always went back to using. I just can't see my life without them. Can anyone help me through this?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((((((((Ali))))))))))))

I too am a pain pill addict...20 some years. I have been clean for a few months now and am truly starting to live. I never ever thought I could make it. The withdrawals ARE brutal..but I tell ya..continuing use leads to such pain and agony...it can get better. You can have freedom from chemicals in your life. Want it more than you need it. Commit to a program...and one day, one hour at atime...don't use. What I found helpful also was to read and talk to as many people who had overcome it as I could. Lots of prayer and eating well. When I used pills I didn't eat much, stopped exercising as much...turned my exclusive attention over to obsessing about my pill supply. Nearly killed me, many times. Finally I knew it was time to do something about it. I had thought about doing something for a few years...but I had to DO something, changing my belief structure was a very important first step. BELIEVING it is possible...that was so important. I resisted that I could do it for quite a while.

Keep posting my friend. Lots of great suport on here. PM me anytime......hang in there, okay?

(((Big Welcoming Hugs)))
Old 06-10-2004, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ali,

Welcome to SR. You have come to a great place!

Tammie (2Stop) knows what she is talking about! Things will only get worse if you don't step out of the vicious cycle. You can do this and we're here to offer support and understanding. Have you talked to your dr?

Keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 06-10-2004, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks 2stop

Thank you for your support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I have tried many times before but always gave in....I'm prayin this will be the last time I attempt this. It is comforting talking to someone who has been there and seeing what positive results you have had. God bless you

Thanks again,
Ali
Old 06-10-2004, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((Ali)))))))))))

It took me many many falls.......lots of falling down. The thing is you just have to stand back up every time. There is no shame in falling. It is exactly where I have harvested every bit of spirituality I own, it is where I learn more compassion for others, it is where I learn just how much I can endure, it is where I learn to relate to others and know what to say to comfort someone.

Those pills will talk to you, try and bribe you, buy you, comfort you and save you..It is a lie, every pill is a lie that leads to an existence worse than death..a living hell in every sense of the term. Breaking that takes a supernatural force if you will...a divine intelliegence that is smarter than us, that can help us with the ammunition to slay the beast. And it is a beast. breaking us, our family, our children, our spouses. I had to fully learn to accept that those pills were NOT my friend and my lover...they were killing me..so slowly, so agonizingly.....no suicide attempts killed me...I thought for sure I was in limbo, purgatory for eternity. Coming to terms with all this is a process, takes time...try and fill that time with friends, books, support, healthy eating, exercising....anything healthy you can think of...fill up with it! Take it minute by minute at first, then hour by hour.....but never live past one day at a time.
I would definitely see a doctor....good medical care is important, Check out NA. I myself am not a 12 stepper...but have received valuable wisdom and support from them. I use a spiritual approach that doesn't conform to any group or one method. Whatever is available or that I feel is helpful I embrace. But I have learned that my choices made me ill...my choices will also heal me.

Hang in there, okay? You are as qualified as anyone to receive a miracle. Reach for it..and it will reach for you. I believe we find what we seek. Keep seeking....you will find what it is you desire.

((((((More Healing Hugs)))))))
Attached Images
File Type: gif
door.gif (4.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-10-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Ali...
I see a couple of the finest people I know have already welcomed you to SoberRecovery.
I'm glad you're here.
It all starts with one day.
That's the miracle Tammie is talking about.
Yours is just around the corner.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Ali.....welcome to SoberRecovery, so happy you found us. I'm with Dan, about some of the finest people here in SR, Dan included.

Keep trying Ali...that's how this works, and one day something will click, and yippppeeeee to FREEDOM.

Wishing you the best on working things out, we all need peace with addictions that torment us and keep calling us back.

Love and hugs......Denise
Old 06-10-2004, 03:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I'm throwing in my "listen to tammie (2stop)"..... she knows her stuff.

I, too, am a pain pill addict (amongst other things) and had a rough time going off. I only went off when my supply dried up. Luckily, I hadn't been using enough to have physiological problems, but the mental withdrawal was brutal!

All I can say is "I'm with you, Ali", one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Cuz that's how you're going to have to do it!

Post and read here, do anything to distract yourself, and listen to Tammie.

My PM's are always open to you.... feel free to use it!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome ali, yeah tam knows her stuff! she rocks! stick around and let us know how you're doing!