Notices

detoxing day one AGAIN!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detoxing day one AGAIN!!!!

I'm leaving for Portland Oregon next Wednesday. I will stay with my oldest daughter and her husband, grand daughter and two great grandsons. I'm so worried. My drinking has been out of control again. I was so sick yesterday I could hardly get out of bed. My son who is 38 and I went out the nite before.
Withdrawal has been coming earlier in the day. Bad back aches, headaches and awful stomach aches. I can't get into a rehab around here. I'm on Medicare so most places don't cover it.
My plan for now is to try to cut back to little or nothing for the next 3 weeks. When I get back to Michigan I will be contacting the hospital in Marquette Mi to see if they will take me and if I can work out a payment plan for the co-pay.
I just need to get through the next 3 weeks. This trip has been paid for for months. I have to go.
Does anyone have any suggestions for my detox or how to cope. I'm so afraid.
Diana
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi grandma! If you are serious about looking into a rehab, you should really think about the public sector- there are always places that take people with either a small copay per month (i mean, $1 small!)... only problem is that sometimes there is a wait list.

Good luck! If you're serious about stopping, you can definitely do it. Are there any meetings that you can go to in your area for support and encouragement?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advise. I have been checking out options. Yes I'm very serious. I try and try. My husband is an alcoholic and prescription drug abuser. He makes a drink by 9am and takes Vicodin all day. I need to quit before I die from this. Or worse have a stroke.
Do you have any suggestions about the public sector?
Thanks again
Diana
Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome and congrats on wanting to make a great change in your life. SR is a great place to find resources and you can find a lot of good reading. Plus it's free and you can get on from anywhere!

At the end of my post is a link to public substance abuse resources for Menominee County, MI. They will probably know of public or private detox facilities in your area that have sliding/free/low cost fee options. It might take you a while to get in so planning now or making calls while on vacation won't hurt either. Don't wait until you get back to start looking around.

MDCH - Get Help Now
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR grandma3333.

Seing a doctor is the best thing to do. If you do cut down, go slowlly. Just try not to binge anymore untill you can see your doc.

Best of luck to you
Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find a place that will fill your needs.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome
I have a question
Does your daughter and her family know you are an alcoholic? Do they know your drinking is to the point that you suffer withdrawal symptoms?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Yes my family all knows that I drink to much. I do think they under estimate how bad it is.
I did well yesterday. I did not go cold turkey for fear of a stroke. I waited until bedtime and had 2 weak drinks. Also I did just talk to my doctor. She told me to cut it down a little every day until I could quit or go into rehab which ever came first. She will give the doctors order for me to go to treatment. I need that for Medicare to cover the 80%.
Thanks again
Diana
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

You did the right thing.