Notices

Do you consider your sobriety a miracle ?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

A miracle would have been if I'd woken up free of the addiction to alcohol. Instead I consider it an accomplishment won thru hard work and dedication. Some of the things I survived while drunk are miraculous and I'm genuinely thankful for those now that I'm sober.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I don't know how to explain what happened to me, I accept that it did. I gave up on me trying to control drinking, I just gave up. I was the typical I am SO sick of being sick of drinking. But, I could not stop myself. I gave up on ME. That is as clear in my mind as it was 366 days ago. I was in downtown L.A. At Kaiser with my family. We were told no to inpatient detox, no to inpatient Rehab that Monday morning, 11-12-12. I don't know how, but somehow the head Doctor of ths Dept ( day off, we were told) happened to come to her office that morning. The NO guy said she'd agreed to see me for
a minute, but don't expect any other decision by Kaiser. By 8:00pm I was inside Kaiser Detox in Fontana.I kept waiting for decades worth of physical abuse to slam down on my body. Nothing happened, although I'm still convinced that was the only safe way for me to stop drinking. Thursday morning I was released, driven directly to the Inpatient Rehab (the other NO). Completed/graduated my program. I continue my sobriety through the AA Program daily. Today, I don't know how it all happened for me...but my life physically changed in basically a day. If not a miracle, my HP was there opening the doors...I was the one who had to let go and go through them. Bobbi