Notices

Will this ever end???

Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will this ever end???

Dear SR, Just wanted to let you all know that my 22 yr old RAD was in a bad moped crash this morning. It happened on the way home from getting her Methadone dose. It had been snowing and the Suburban ahead of her suddenly stopped, the road was too slippery and she couldn't stop. She went thru the read window, fracturing her mandible in 4 places, lost teeth, laceration at the corner of her mouth and 2 brain bleeds. All for the sake of recovery. She,s in surgery, will have her jaw wired shut, a mothers nightmare. We are grateful she is alive. She has been trying so hard for the past month to be free of H and the painful withdrawals opiates addiction does to you. I'll be gone for a bit but i just wanted some support and let you know where I was. I'm lost and afraid and I please ask you for your prayers tonite. She is out of surgery and I'm waiting to go in to be with her. She's so afraid of pain. The medical staff said they will work with us to help keep the withdrawals at bay and at the same time keep the pain manageable. Addiction may have won a small battle this morning but the war is still on. TF
Old 11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I am so so sorry to hear your news, Twofish, and all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear your news. Hope your daughter will be okay. God bless xx
Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Hi Twofish, Im so sorry about your daughter. I know she was trying hard in her own way.

I'm posting this from rehab. No, not drug & alcohol rehab, but inpatient medical rehab. I had both my hips replaced last night at only age 31. I have been struggling internally with the fact that I have to take opiates on a daily basis for horrible pain, but I've been honest to all my doctors about my substance abuse history and that I'm in recovery.

I am hoping to get out of here narcotics free. I'm telling you all of this because this ordeal has made me realize that the best indicator of my recovery is not outside accomplishments, but rather, when bad things happen, am I going to be able to make it through without drinking. Life, for better or worse, still comes around. Both good and bad things happen. But your daughter has gotten so much more emotionally and spiritually stronger recently. The strength of my sobriety has helped me deal with the pain, as well as being honest with the docs.

I'll be praying for her and you. This may be a temporary setback, but she is still alive, and she didn't end up in the hospital because of an overdose. Try to stay positive that you're not there for that. Stay strong!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Two.
I'm glad her injuries weren't even more serious.

D
Old 11-12-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All my prayers and thought are with you, your daughter and family! We are here when you need us!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How awful - my thoughts are with you all (hugs)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

terrible news and puts so many things in perspective, be strong
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My prayers are with you and your daughter.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Thoughts and prayers for your daughter and your family.

Is she involved with NA? There are people there who are in drug recovery and have had to deal with pain meds etc and they may be a great support to her through this. If she is comfortable with it, you could probably call the local NA help line and ask that someone visit her at the hospital.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Omg! Idk how I missed this twofish! I'm so sorry your daughter was in this accident! Sending my love and prayers to you and your daughter! Please let us know how she's doing!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

How is your daughter doing now?

I hope there is some improvement and that she will be able to go home soon.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh, Twofish. I am so sorry. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear. I wouldn't say addiction won though. It was a road accident that could of happen to anybody. She is probably in a lot of pain but the doctors know what they are doing. No addict should have to avoid pain meds in serious cases. It could put them in danger. It will be a bit tricky but I know a recovered heroin addict that has to take pain meds once in a while and he is still doing good.