Notices

Week 2 mush

Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Week 2 mush

I definitely prefer the first week of sobriety. There are bad parts for sure, but they are relatively straightforward and just something to work through. Those are coupled with the quick and easy benefits of new sobriety as the body recovers by abstaining and getting enough sleep.

Week 2 is more frustrating because everything seems more mushy. The increase in benefits are less clear and less rapid.There is a stew of emotions where anything might bubble up. Yesterday, I was really irritable at everything (I still haven't forgiven the kitchen table for being in my way). Today, I am antsy, even after my morning yoga class. I feel a bit adrift as if there is no clear direction. It is like I have just arrived in a foreign country and I want to eat, but I don't know where the restaurants are, what food is available, or how to speak the language.

Today, I am going to take it easy, be gentle, and simply wait this out, because mature, sober people don't throw a fit and get drunk when they are uncomfortable.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Today, I am going to take it easy, be gentle, and simply wait this out, because mature, sober people don't throw a fit and get drunk when they are uncomfortable.
Yes, yes, yes!!! Love ur attitude jazzy!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stick with it Jazzfish - hopefully the week will end better

D
Old 11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I was all over the place the first few weeks jazzfish,

Way i figured it , if i'd done 20 years hard drinking , i was going to give 20 years sobriety a good try .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great attitude from your perceptive, jazzfish. Love it! Go for it! You're doing great! Xoxo
Old 11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Week 2 was hard for me because the shameful memories began to fade and the rationalization about how "I could have just one" started kicking in. Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We can do this jazz. Stay positive and keep your eye on the prize. Week 3 is better.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It will hit 30 days tomorrow and NONE of them have been easy. Weeks 2 & 3 were the hardest for me, but I got through them and you can to!! Hang in there!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Week 2 is more frustrating because everything seems more mushy. The increase in benefits are less clear and less rapid.There is a stew of emotions where anything might bubble up. Yesterday, I was really irritable at everything (I still haven't forgiven the kitchen table for being in my way). Today, I am antsy, even after my morning yoga class. I feel a bit adrift as if there is no clear direction. It is like I have just arrived in a foreign country and I want to eat, but I don't know where the restaurants are, what food is available, or how to speak the language.
Jazz - this is so well said and exactly where I am at. I am now on 12 days, and I don't have a desire to drink, I do feel like I am new to my own life. I have a thought or a feeling about EVERYTHING, not just important things. I know this will balance out and I will balance out, but it really drives home how much alcohol affected my daily existence, whether I was drunk or not. I used it as a way to structure my life, I used it as a known way to dull emotions and thoughts, and I used it as a way to "treat myself".

Alcohol really is insidious...