Notices

Not happy

Old 11-11-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not happy

Once again I feel sad and lonely. Why do I give in goodness knows. I did it again
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I need to be sober and not lonely anymore. I feel so sad
Old 11-11-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's not easy to quit.
But you can do it. Sometimes it takes a couple times to get it right.
The only real failure is if you don't try.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Do you have local support allihk? Sometimes we need extra help to get us over the initial hump. It's also important to remember that alcohol is the cause of your problems, not the solution. Every time you drink you are going to feel this way, and it gets progressively worse. And also remember that its's 100% your choice to drink or not. No one person or situation can "make" you drink - you voluntarily choose to pick up. The good news is that you can choose to not drink - and not have to go through this feeling ever again.

Tell us a little more about how you are going about the whole thing so we can help.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allihk View Post
Once again I feel sad and lonely. Why do I give in goodness knows. I did it again
I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I know those feelings,very very well. But I echo everyone here when I say that drinking will do nothing but amplify those feelings. I am learning that alcohol can drive a wedge between who we really are and what we really feel, so don't drink. Sit with the loneliness and the sadness for a while. It will pass. Peace.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do you have any real life support? Friends or family you can talk to? What about counseling? I see an addiction counselor and it's very helpful.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank but I'm glad you're back
Looking at what you did last time, can you look at what you might add this time to make sobriety work?

what areas do you think need more work in your recovery allihk?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you can find a way to make recovery work for you.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Allihk so sorry to hear about your slip... But!!! You are here, you don't want to drink it is your AV that is telling you that it will be okay....the main thing you are learning is, that it is never going to be okay...ever.... I find AA really helps me along with SR, my last two bashes at sobriety were with SR alone for some reason it just wasn't enough...
Maybe you have tried it maybe not. Glad you are back
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I find getting out of my house really helps - even just talking to a store clerk - don't hang out in the bad neighborhood of your brain when you're alone - it's a dangerous place - you'll get mugged and beat down.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am pulling for you, alli.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allihk View Post
Hello Allihk! It is not worth it. Alcohol is not a friend. Alcohol wants you to be sad and lonely. You need to finally say "ENOUGH". Just do it! It is not worth it at all!!!

It is not going to be easy. I assure you, it is 100% worth it! You will feel great once you start accumulating consecutive sober days! It really does get better. Give it a shot and keep reading and posting!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. It's a tough journey that feels like a war some days. I fell asleep last night which was good but woke up feeling like absolute crao! In exhausted from living this double life.

Dee you ask a very good question in what I feel I need. I know it is strength to get through the moments of weakness. Maybe I need to try AA but I have been reading the information and the chapters and I find it hard to get my head around the religious implications. I may be very wrong here I don't know. I suppose it's about giving it a go.

I do have support and people I talk to and a very close few that know the depth of my drinking but their support is just not enough. It has to come from me and it must dig deep to make it happen.

It is nice to be able to post here. Next step is to say no tomorrow and take every moment head on. I have to do this for survival!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You are all so wonderful and supportive. Thank you all for caring. I find it incredibly amazing that people you don't know share such warmth and caring. It makes me feel grateful. I thank you all xx
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This thread is great, I'm glad I'm reading it now!