Notices

Feeling very positive.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling very positive.

I am on day 4 today and its Friday and I didn't even give the shop a second glance on my way home today. Having Tea and Biscuits listening to some great music and really looking forward to the first weekend of many being totally relaxed and sober.

For those of you that read my previous post then you will understand when I say that, I think that shocked me so much that something has honestly changed inside me and I don't feel the urge to drink like I usually do at this stage (especially on a Friday) I am under no illusion that the cravings will at some point appear but I have a lot planned in the way of keeping busy this weekend and I'm going to keep strong and even if I go through hell i'm going to keep going as this is the final straw and my life will be amazing if I stay away from anything that alters my mind. If I relapse then I will have nothing except drink. My family is the most important thing to me so now is the time.

I can do this. I will do this.

peace.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!
That's a great attitude to have.
Congrats on 4 days.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

so as to fight the good fight

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post

I am on day 4 today

I am under no illusion that the cravings will at some point appear but I have a lot planned in the way of keeping busy this weekend and I'm going to keep strong and even if I go through hell
nice job with day 4

I still remember when I couldn't get 4 hours (a good thing for me to never forget)

sounds like you have some solid plans so as to fight the good fight
and
keeping busy

+++++ a nice start on your sobriety +++++

pulling for you in California

Mountainmanbob
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

It's great to read your post, RJ. So glad that you're right back on it and already at Day 4!

I hope you have a wonderful, sober weekend (I won't say 'dry' because it's already teeming here, and we've got yellow rain warnings until Sunday!)

Having survived the trauma of this last week, though, and reached what sounds like a haven of acceptance, I bet your own personal sun will be shining brightly Enjoy!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
It's great to read your post, RJ. So glad that you're right back on it and already at Day 4!

I hope you have a wonderful, sober weekend (I won't say 'dry' because it's already teeming here, and we've got yellow rain warnings until Sunday!)

Having survived the trauma of this last week, though, and reached what sounds like a haven of acceptance, I bet your own personal sun will be shining brightly Enjoy!
Hey Headlump,

Thanks mate, its looking pretty rubbish this end of the country too so I think its gonna be a weekend of films, Cups of Tea, Ice Cream, Sweets and then a lot of Exercise on Sunday to burn it all off lol. I do feel pretty sunny actually its a great feeling knowing that you don't have a choice anymore. I am only 4 days into this but I really don't want the drink anymore as I just think about the other night and it makes me feel sick.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Headlump,

Thanks mate, its looking pretty rubbish this end of the country too so I think its gonna be a weekend of films, Cups of Tea, Ice Cream, Sweets and then a lot of Exercise on Sunday to burn it all off lol. I do feel pretty sunny actually its a great feeling knowing that you don't have a choice anymore. I am only 4 days into this but I really don't want the drink anymore as I just think about the other night and it makes me feel sick.

I guess we will never know the real reason that those chemicals and alcohol makes a person do such insane things but with such clarity at the time, ie.. just completely ok and rational to do them. People say that alcohol brings out the real you. If that's the case then the real me must want to lay in a field in the pooring rain all night and become homeless. I think not. Such a crazy drug.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going to keep strong and even if I go through hell i'm going to keep going
This is a great attitude, RJY9.

When I first quit I thought it was going to be hell, too.

Actually, looking back, it turns out that the real hell was being trapped in the endless cycle of an addiction.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great news, rock bottom has come and gone, now you are left with the exciting climb to the top of the mountain. You rockRJ
Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling positive RJY

D