Notices

Feeling down

Old 11-08-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling down

It's been 13 days now since I last drank. It feels good and I am proud of myself for skipping out on some get togethers that I would probably have lost myself at. I still get that voice or whatever telling me I can handle just a few, just here and there, just on vacation, whatever. Mostly when I am watching tv where they are glorifying drinking. I'm trying not to watch much tv these days!

I'm just bummed as I lost a good shift at my job (for no reason directly related to my performance, as far as I can tell, but the managers get defensive when you try to ask why they changed your schedule, so I don't even want to bother) and a friend of mine was put in a hospice last night. He's got cancer and although they said the intention was for him to leave the hospice and return to his house so he can continue chemo, things still don't look good. So hard seeing someone so young so deteriorated and, well, you know.

So, I have a long day of work ahead of me and my heart is not in it, but the idea of sitting around the house doesn't sound any better so I guess I will just get through the day, come home and go to bed. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. Either way, I'm not going to drink today, so that feels good even if a bunch of other stuff sucks.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on 13days. Although things sound rough, they would be a whole lot worse with a drink in your hand. Keep fighting the good fight, you're doing great!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cheer up.
13 days is really quite an accomplishment.
Nobody really knows how hard it is to get to that point unless they've been through it.

You're doing great and even with challenges in your life you are adding days to your sobriety. You should be very proud of yourself.

Staying sober will also help you be there for your friend.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job on reaching thirteen days sober!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 13 days. That is a great effort . I hope you soon see some benefits from the hard work you are putting in at the moment. It sounds as though life isn't going for you at the moment but one thing is certain it would be a lot worse if you were drinking. Sometimes life goes in cycles where you think everything is going against you but it will turn around. Just battle through it for now and I am sure in time things will look so much better. Good luck and well done on 13 days.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you're feeling down WH. I hope the day got better - if not I hope the weekend brings better times

D
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there and check back in after work if you need to.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there. You can do it.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awwww WritingHelps. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, that's a total bummer. I can't imagine how it must make you feel Don't get down about work, I guess the good news is you have work! Hope you get though it and feel better