SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   just hi (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/312914-just-hi.html)

bblackbirdflyy 11-07-2013 08:01 PM

just hi

I have 1 week sober again. I feel like such a fraud posting here because It's been a real struggle for me for years.... this site has witnessed the majority of my ups and downs. This time seems different though. I attended a court mandated class on alcoholism all weekend last weekend. I acknowledge my problem with alcohol and surrender. I've said Shie like that 20 million times before. The only person I need to prove myself to is myself though. So hi and I'll be seeing you around.:wave:

Dee74 11-07-2013 08:07 PM

Hi back :)

I get really sad when I see people posting that they feel unworthy to post here or ashamed or a fraud.

We all get it - most of us have been right there...there's no valedictorian here and no bottom of the class - we're all in this together bblackbirdflyy :)

I'm really glad you're back - congrats on your one week! :)

D

advbike 11-07-2013 08:12 PM

hi bblackbirdflyy, so glad to see you post here again - we missed you!

We have all been down the same road, as Dee stated so eloquently. I struggled for years also, it just seems to have stuck this time (so far), in part because of this site.

Welcome back and congratulations on that week - awesome job!

w2r 11-07-2013 08:32 PM

Hi Blackbird! Nice to hear from you.
I have 0 days sober. I'm happy you have reached 1 week again.
I will be one of the posters that will brag about 4 years plus. So will you.
Its a journey, we are learning, bit by bit.
The successful people here had trouble as well when they started their journeys.
So don't be discouraged! I'm not. I am way better off than 6 months ago.

Skye2 11-07-2013 08:34 PM

Welcome (back) BBfly and congrats on your week. You have been missed!! :)

ZeldaFan 11-07-2013 09:12 PM

I'm glad you are back and great job on one week! You have no reason to feel like a fraud on here. It's a struggle and I have had my ups and downs on my journey so far as well. Every time I have slipped I have learned something to help me moving forward. We can do this because we want it!

IamLily 11-07-2013 09:18 PM

Welcome back and congratulations on sober time!

Kaneda8888 11-07-2013 10:11 PM

Welcome back bblack

Dont ever give up, that is the most important thing ! We're here to support you !

instant 11-07-2013 11:10 PM

Kate good to see you again. We only have to get up one more time than we fall down. Hang in there.

bblackbirdflyy 11-08-2013 07:36 AM

Thanks to all. :)

Hawkeye13 11-08-2013 07:53 AM

Hi BBfly;

I'm glad you're back! You are a strong person for not giving up.

You will get there and we will be cheering you on :c011:

least 11-08-2013 08:20 AM

Welcome back! :hug: We don't shoot our wounded. :)

Anna 11-08-2013 08:27 AM

Welcome back!

ReadyAtLast 11-08-2013 08:37 AM

Please don't feel a fraud- you have every right to be here.That's what this site is for. I can relate -I used to be on SR under another name, had lots ofposts and still couldn't get sober. I felt like a fraud too. I even changed my name for a fresh start- I was a coward. Be proud of yourself for coming back and wanting to get sober- welcome back :)

Serenity1972 11-08-2013 08:56 AM

Welcome back! You have been greatly missed. I echo the others...there is no reason to feel like a fraud. You came back and that is all that matters. It is all a learning experience. I am wishing you well. Keep fighting the good fight.

icandoallthings 11-08-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 4282100)
Welcome back! :hug: We don't shoot our wounded. :)

I LOVE that! Never heard that before :)