SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   FRUSTRATED...but still sober! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/312867-frustrated-but-still-sober.html)

trudgingagain 11-07-2013 08:43 AM

FRUSTRATED...but still sober!

I have had the MOST frustrating days during the last week! We are trying to renew our Costa Rican residency and they keep changing the requirements. We have ordered deliveries for our house, and they never show up when scheduled, etc. etc. etc. We have had to drive for over an hour to different places to get different things....and although my husband still drinks...and often stops for a beer or two....it just doesn't even OCCUR to me to have one with him. I am not feeling resentful that he can drink, and I can't. The truth is, I am not even wanting a drink! YAY! I have 24 days today (yes, I am familiar with the "pink cloud")...but I feel so NORMAL. I am enjoying this feeling of sobriety (again). I remember someone once told me, "It's not the elephant in the bedroom; it's the ants in the kitchen"...that can lead to drink...gotta keep that in mind. Just thought I'd share that I am making it through this and feeling good today :c011:

Carlotta 11-07-2013 08:56 AM

right on :scoregood

FeelingGreat 11-07-2013 08:57 AM

Keep going CR. Hope all your frustrations disappear soon.

FourSeasons 11-07-2013 09:06 AM

GOOD FOR YOU!!! :You_Rock_

HeadLump 11-07-2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by trudgingagain (Post 4280369)
I remember someone once told me, "It's not the elephant in the bedroom; it's the ants in the kitchen"...that can lead to drink...gotta keep that in mind. Just thought I'd share that I am making it through this and feeling good today :c011:

I'm so sorry things are frustrating at the moment, trudging, but well done for parading the sober banner! :scoregood

Great quote there, too. I haven't heard that before but it's so true! We can all spot the elephant but it really can be the small things that trip you up and tip you over the edge.... :gaah:gaah

Thepatman 11-07-2013 09:54 AM

Well done!

Hawkeye13 11-07-2013 10:12 AM

Hey Trudging--you rock!!!

I spent some time traveling in Costa Rica and remember all the bars with the tapas. Good for you for passing on them. I think Latin American time is just a bit more relaxed than us uptight Yanks are used to. I learned this also in Ireland.

I'm very happy things are getting "normal" in sobriety. That's how I feel too nowadays and it is terrific, isn't it?

least 11-07-2013 12:22 PM

I'm glad you are feeling so positive about your recovery. :)

Dee74 11-07-2013 01:52 PM

Sorry things are annoying but I'm glad you have a positive attitude - keep it up! :)

D

trudgingagain 11-07-2013 02:07 PM

Thanks all....today was even worse.....atty., then the bank (which told us we have to now go to TWO DIFFERENT banks....ugh! And yes, Hawkeye, lots of bars (all with all day happy hours) and tapas (here, they call them bocas, too)...lots of frustration....BUT...this too shall pass and our "Tico" attorney had such a good attitude...he said, just take a ride, enjoy the beach (when we get to the second bank) and just have a nice day while you are doing it....that's how it works here...Pura Vida :headbange

Anna 11-07-2013 03:06 PM

Well, you have to get used to living life sober and even when it's frustrating, know that you can get through it.