Notices

New to the forum

Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the forum

Hi everyone! Glad to find this forum. I'm gonna need it.

Anywho, I have been sober since the 25th of last month. It's a long story, but here goes. I was a heavy drinker. I was sick the beginning of October. I was having pains on the right side of my tummy. Went to the ER. They didn't find anything. Went to the doc. She ordered an ultrasound for the following Friday (the 25th). I went in to get the ultrasound of my belly, but ended up in the ER again right after (the nurse that did the ultrasound recommended it). I ended up staying for a week for detox (and the belly issue).

That's not the end of the story. I felt sober that morning (25th), but they found so much alcohol in my blood, it took 4 days to detox! And I withdrawed so bad that I flipped out twice and fought with the nurses and the hospital guard! The first time they called the cops. They second time, I apparently struck a nurse, and struggled to get away from the 5 people holding me down. They sedated me that time.

The kicker is, I don't remember any of it. I remember being in the ER, getting the IV put in, and the nurse shooting me with Ativan via IV. I don't remember nothing after that, except the last two days.

I'm not new to detox either. That was the 3rd time I went into detox. But this time scared me. Because I'm a very passive, calm person. I'm not like that at all normally. Sober, that is. I kind of think I had a reaction to the Ativan and morphine (was for my belly pain) combo.

Anywho, that's my story. I look forward to chatting with you all soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and keep coming. Isn't it interesting how alcohol/drugs change our personality? Just can't imagine the damage it does to the brain and other organs, not good because it isn't considered a health drink except in some peoples mind.

BE WELL
Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ppq Sounds like an awful experience that you went through. The good news is, you never, ever have to go through that again!
You've found a fantastic new 'support family' here on the forum
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Welcome and keep coming. Isn't it interesting how alcohol/drugs change our personality? Just can't imagine the damage it does to the brain and other organs, not good because it isn't considered a health drink except in some peoples mind.

BE WELL
Actually, that's what the doc in the hospital told my husband. It affects the brain. One reason, he said, that I flipped out while withdrawing. The doc also mentioned that 60% of the people that go in that hospital are addicts of some sort. So he deals with it all the time.

And thanks for the welcomes. Happy to be here.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome ppq75, congrats on your sober time. This is a great place for support. I'm glad you have joined us. Best wishes.