Notices

weight loss and sobriety

Old 11-03-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

weight loss and sobriety

I am sober a week now. I did make it past the 90 mark until last Saturday. But it was for the day and then I went right back to sobriety, and a meeting the following day.
For the last month I have changed my eating habits as well. I eat very few processed foods and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Also try to exercise at least two days a week.
I reached my mini goal of 10 lbs this first month. I still have 70 lbs to go.

I guess where I'm going with this is I have given up a lot of what many might consider comfort foods. Chocolate, potato chips, desserts, fried foods, etc. as well as drinking. Sometimes it seems overwhelming.

I want to continue on this healthy track. Makes it easier to not want to put the poison called alcohol back in my body.

Any thoughts/advice?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish I could give you some advise but that would have been too much for me to do while quitting drinking, I concentrated on that only. Just wanted to say....great job and hopefully others have some tips for you.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe it is overwhelming because you are asking your body for too much. Maybe you can focus on just desserts or or chips or frozen foods or calories/meals per day but everything does seem like a lot. Best of luck
Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on not letting a slip up stop you from moving forward.

I'm also eating clean - for the most part. Definitely a lot better than I did when I was drinking. Some days I eat too much - or don't make the best choices - but at least we are not putting that poison in our bodies right?

For me, eating healthy and working out have made recovery a better process. It feels good to put good into my body after treating it like garbage for so long. I think if I were to eat processed foods all the time it would be as though I traded one addiction for another you know?

That being said don't beat yourself up if you make bad food choices. allow yourself 'cheat' meals so you don't feel like your depriving yourself of everything all at once.

That's what seems to be working for me anyways : )
Old 11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All things even, no alcohol should produce fat loss.
Of course if alcohol calories are replaced by food calories this won't happen.
I don't have a current problem but do have a tendency to put on weight.
I read packets and try to reduce both carbs and fat.
Along with some power walking i have found this helpful.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job losing that first 10!! I bet that even though it's hard now to try to drop everything, your body will soon stop craving the other foods naturally. I've heard some people say that they just get addicted to fruits and veggies. Fingers crossed. And again, GREAT job on the first 10! Those are the toughest