Notices

and the resolve is threatened...

Old 11-03-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

and the resolve is threatened...

Only at three days and I am starting to feel a little panicky. My best friend and buddy is going to a happy hour next week and I clearly can't go, but I also haven't told her that I am not drinking, so she asks me. I haven't told her, I realize, because I am conflicted.

I can't see my life without alcohol just yet and that scares me. It's amazing how easily memory fades of my blackout last weekend (I only found out where I went because I looked at my debit card statements). Or the fact that I couldn't get up for work on Thursday. I have so many excuses. And there is a voice in me that says - "you just need to stop a little, not forever, so you can still do x,y,z" which is go and have dinner with my girlfriends, which is very important to me because I am single and clearly have issues with it at times.

Everyone I know and love drinks. I don't think I am strong enough to go be with them for dinner or after work and not drink. The thing is, I want to drink. I want to be able to drink like normal people. And I can't. And I am feeling sorry for myself.

I am also going to New Orleans for Thanksgiving and hoping that I am more settled with myself then. Ugh.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and not think ahead too much.
All you need to do today is stay sober today.

Personally, I'd err on the side of caution, but next week and Thanksgiving are not here yet - you have time to weigh both things carefully, see how you feel closer to the days, and decide for yourself what the best thing is for you to do.

D
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anyistoomuch View Post
I can't see my life without alcohol just yet and that scares me. It's amazing how easily memory fades of my blackout last weekend (I only found out where I went because I looked at my debit card statements). Or the fact that I couldn't get up for work on Thursday. I have so many excuses.
Hello anyistoomuch,

Your user name really sums it up.

I too couldn't imagine life without alcohol. Unfortunately, it took me far too many years to realize I never had a life with it!

Trust me... Everything is better sober!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Once you've been without alcohol for a while you won't be able to envision your life with it. Life without alcohol is wonderful!