Notices

Chronicles of a Recovering Wino

Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks 4 seasons

I've been lurking on this site for months and your post gave me the courage to finally join. Your experience sounds so much like mine. Congrats on your persistence!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank-you!!

Thank you all for your comments!! So much appreciated.

Butterfly, Plenny - You are not alone! It has taken me many years and much heartache to finally accept the fact that I can not have "just one". It is never just one. And, it takes me forever to stop the binge once it starts. I finally had to surrender. Enough is enough!!!

It is also so true when people say, "Take it One Day at a Time". The fact is time is going to go by regardless if I am passed out drunk or fully sober. Another fact is that those "one days" quickly turn into "one week" which turns into "one month" and so on and so on... It really is better living life sober.

To SunriseSky -

And, when you are ready, start a thread and share a little bit about yourself and why you are here. It is wonderful start and a tremendous release!

XOXO to All!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thank you.. this is me to a tee. I want to stop. I just don't have faith I can. I will try again. thx
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great job - you are one day ahead of me, lets keep it that way.

I read your comments and what strikes me as obvious is the service aspect. Giving back and also posting are the things that changed. Talking openly about your disease and helping others keeps you sober.

So to others reading this post, keep posting and commenting its as much for you as it is for others.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Thankyou so much for this inspiring post. xxx
Old 11-06-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TodayisNow View Post
thank you.. this is me to a tee. I want to stop. I just don't have faith I can. I will try again. thx
Welcome, TodayisNow!!! I am glad you found us!

I love your SR member name! And, you are right! Today is Now!! No better day to have a brand new day one!!

You will find a lot of insights and support here!! Why don't you join the Class of November 2013 and share a bit about yourself. Please know, you are not alone in your struggles!

My best to you!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Great job - you are one day ahead of me, lets keep it that way.

I read your comments and what strikes me as obvious is the service aspect. Giving back and also posting are the things that changed. Talking openly about your disease and helping others keeps you sober.

So to others reading this post, keep posting and commenting its as much for you as it is for others.

Thanks Jdooner! I so much appreciate your insights. You right on! Posting and commenting is as much for me as I hope it is for others. I relate to so many trial and tribulations here. Personally, I gain strength from others!

And... not to be nit picky... I am actually 7 days ahead of you!! But who here is counting???

I remember when you first joined. I have been following your story since. Between you and me... I was on the edge of my seat regarding your trip to Asia. I didn't think you would make it out alive! I am glad you did!

Your strength and determination gives me strength and determination.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

thanks...I must have looked at someone else's signature...no worries. while I compete in most of the things I do, I am not in a sobriety comp. Asia was tough but useful at the time. Was sort of like being in a rehab, although without any guidance. It was good to be away and useful to see the life I thought I had wanted.

Today, I have surrendered to my demons. I can't rewire my brain, so understanding who I am is helping guide the choices I make. I am combining therapy, AA with posting and reading here, so it consumes a lot of my time but already seeing the benefits in my relationships, work and now I need to make some more progress of my physique with removing sugar:-)

Keep up the good work, I follow you too. I will always know your a week ahead of me:-)
Old 11-06-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
All the windows in this restaurant were open and there was such a wonderful cross-breeze. The flowers in the flower boxes, which lined all the windows, danced in the warm summer sun and gentle breeze.

For the first 5 minutes and until the waitress was able to visit our table, I stared at his glass of red wine. It smelled so good.

Plus, it was such a beautiful day... And I was really not planning on bumping into my friend ... And, did I mentioned, his glass of red wine smelled so good?? It was also the perfect shade of red to boot!!

I sat there for 5 minutes salivating like a rabic dog... What to do??? What to do???
Wow, this part really resonated with me - that is EXACTLY how my mind works and how I have slipped up so many times... as a celebration of a beautiful day, a special place, a special person... I really appreciate your posting that and it's a good reminder that I still have to watch myself in certain situations that are particularly tempting. Heck, the way you described it, I wanted that glass of wine! Ha ha...

I also have strung together almost 75 days now through the wonders of this place. It sure helps to visit a few times a day. Thanks again for posting
Old 11-06-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
I also have strung together almost 75 days now through the wonders of this place. It sure helps to visit a few times a day. Thanks again for posting
A fellow August-ite!! Congratulations on your almost 75 days too!!

Doesn't it feel great once the sober days start adding up (and they are actually consecutive)???

I think I just may reintroduce myself to the the Class of August 2013. I was only stopped by very briefly unfortunately. I look forward to seeing you around!