Notices

I need help for my brother

Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I need help for my brother

I don't know if I'm at the right web site but I'm looking for a N.C. State funded program for my brother, immediately. He is in detox right now At the Silverthorn Facility in Washington, N.C. If not a rehab then maybe a sober house in N.C. He's such a good guy and needs help right now. He really WANTS help and doesn't want to go back to the same environment he was in. He is out of work and doesn't have that much money. Can ANYONE help me? I a supposed to pick him up Tuesday the 5th of November. Thank you so much for any information anyone can provide. His sister, Michele
Old 11-03-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

a great free long term rehab

Adult Rehabilitation Center - The Salvation Army Carolinas Division

Home - The Salvation Army › ... › Local Programs‎

Since it opened in 1950, the Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) has ... Adult Rehabilitation Center • 1023 Central Avenue • Charlotte, NC • 28204
Old 11-03-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Help for brother

Thank you very much. I am checking it out right now! This is what I got from the Salvation Army website provided...

We recently upgraded our website - you may experience some missing content. Thanks for your patience while we work to correct these issues.

Last edited by Lbstrlvr; 11-03-2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Missing content
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why don't you phone the Salvation Army then?
Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Help for brother

I did Anna, but they are closed until tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you checked with the detox? When I was in detox they had a list of all the rehab centers and phone numbers. We had to call and advocate for ourselves, but the detox should help with this.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I can't provide any info for you but want to welcome you to the site. I'm glad you're here.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

the Salvation Army offers

Adult Rehabilitation Centers are among the most widely known of all Salvation Army services and comprise the largest resident rehabilitation program in the United States. There clients receive adequate housing, nourishing meals and necessary medical care, and they engage in work therapy. Residents may be referred or be remanded by the courts. Our holistic approach provides the following:

Rehabilitation For The Body

Good health and physical well-being are basic needs that must be met before other problems are solved. Every Adult Rehabilitation Center program participant is provided with:

Medical Check-ups are given by local community clinics or in some cases on site medical volunteers. Bodies are broken down and we want to make sure that good health is being promoted.
Shelter is provided for those individuals that come into our program. For many, clean, comfortable surroundings are an unusual luxury, or a forgotten memory.
Food is served in a pleasant atmosphere; three appetizing meals a day. Addictions and homelessness often result in nutritional neglect. This aspect of the ARC program helps them regain good health with adequate diet.
Clothing is provided at all centers. Residents are welcome to bring some appropriate clothing to live more comfortably, but for those who do not have anything except what they have on their back, the Adult Rehabilitation Center will provide needed clothing.

Rehabilitation For The Mind

Most entrants have psychological and emotional problems which can be worked out to help them return to normal lives and happiness. Services include:

Group and individual counseling is provided to each resident to help overcome discouragement, loneliness and despair. These tools are major paths to the goal of rehabilitation.
Trained staff educated in addictions and counseling will work on both primary and secondary issues of the individual and the family. Former residents often return to help others; giving back and adding their personal experience to that of the professional staff.
Alcoholism and drug dependency programs help many men and women. Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other support groups meet regularly, on and off site. Since these activities have been found to be beneficial long after graduating from the program, graduates are encouraged to return and participate as often as possible.
Self-improvement opportunities are many and varied. Reading rooms, GED programs, literacy programs, as well as organized recreation and musical groups (formal and informal contemporary Christian music) to name just a few. Focus groups will target specific areas such as anger management and recovery from abuse.

Rehabilitation For The Spirit

Adult Rehabilitation Center programs are motivated by spiritual values, which are built into every activity and program. Religious activities, which are required, bring a sense of fellowship and strength. Residents of Adult Rehabilitation Center programs have the opportunity to participate in this vital aspect of their rehabilitation in several ways:

Chapel services, vespers and mid-week services offer unlimited opportunity for any resident, of any faith or creed, to know that God is forgiving.
Informal spiritual guidance is available at all times. Each Center is staffed with dedicated Salvation Army officers (clergy) who are experienced, sympathetic listeners.
Bible classes introduce men and women to the richness and inspiration of the scriptures. For many, the Bible becomes a major source of strength and encouragement.
Morning devotions are held daily. Many residents find that starting the day with a brief period of prayer and reflection helps them all day long.
Spiritual retreats are arranged for those with special interest in religious activities. Several Centers join together for a retreat, often at a Salvation Army camp facility.
All of these activities are based on the belief of the essential nature of spiritual regeneration to the rehabilitation process and are rooted in The Salvation Army denominational doctrines

The Salvation Army USA Rehabilitation Centers
Old 11-03-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have called so many #'s today and everyone is telling me there are no 30 day rehabs. in N.C. The Social Worker will be at Silverthorn Detox tomorrow so I'm hoping she can help. I'm very disappointed in Silverthorn. There's no meetings during the day. The guys either sleep or watch T.V. I'm hoping the Social Worker can help tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Oh, I just found out he has been cleared to leave tomorrow. Talk about the pressure on me to find a place now...lol Gotta laugh or I'll go insane.