Notices

Day 4 and feeling worse than ever :(

Old 11-03-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and feeling worse than ever :(

So I hardly slept at all last night. Didn't get to sleep till around 4 am and was up around 7. I'm normally quite a deep sleeper and get around 7/8 hours a night (although I was drunk most the time!) so I feel like death today. I don't know if I am feeling bad cause of withdrawals or because I am so tired but I have a terrible headaches, woke up sweating and feel in general unwell .

Was just wondering if anyone else has had experience of feeling worse after a few days sober or if this is an isolated case?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I drank for a long time, and I drank to excess.
I used to expect about a week of feeling pretty awful.

I hope your experience will be shorter - but you will feel better Pj - I promise

D
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's a feeling that most go through as a result of beating our body's for so long with toxic substances. I figured that when I was drinking to excess I wasn't sleeping as much as being passed out. Again I say this too shall pass unless we weaken and give in to our demon. The thought that often pushed me was that millions have stopped drinking so I can too.

BE WELL
Old 11-03-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Day 4 was always a bad one for me,I would end up taking another drink because I felt so ill and away I would be again on yet another bender.

Make sure you keep well hydrated,water is probably best.Stick with it and slowly you will feel better.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice

Nice to know that these feelings I'm having aren't uncommon
Old 11-03-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
pmv
if it works don't fix it

I went thru what you are for 7 days then started feeling better. I got 47 days today and feel pretty darn good. Go to meetings and share about it, get the support you need.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like your body is going through a natural adjustment. It's like - woah! this is weird!

You can muscle through it - be kind to yourself, acknowledge that you feel like crap right now, but it's not forever, and stay the course.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 3 and 4 were the absolute worst for me. The greatest thing about sobriety is that there are no more days like this.......keep pushing and you'll soon be looking back at all the acute withdrawal stuff.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

PJ1991 I am on day two so it is interesting to hear how you are getting on. I hope you feel better soon. I am trying to plan the week ahead as best as I can and I am sure there will be many days feeling rough before I feel better. But I know I won't feel as rough as when I was drinking xxx take care