Notices

a little over five months

Old 11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a little over five months

Hi, i have been reading posts for a few weeks but this is my first post. I celebrated five months a little over two weeks ago. I quit drinking because my liver was inflammed and causing me to throw up multiple times a day, and i developed nerve damage from drinking too. But now my liver is doing much better, and with physical therapy and abstinence the nerve damage is also much better. Initially when i got sober i thought if i was abstinent for long enough then i could be a normal drinker, but more recently i have started going to aa and read the big book and i know that that is not possible. I feel good most days, and very fortunate, i haven't had a craving in probably two months and i hope to stay this way
Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Steelersfan!

I have found the combination of AA and SoberRecovery to be very helpful in maintaining my sobriety.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, steelersfan!

It's very inspirational to read your experience. It gives hope that we can reverse some of the damage we've done to ourselves through drinking.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard steelersfan

D
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Steelersfan! Glad you are here, even if I am a Browns fan

I am also a member of AA and it saved my life. It took a long time for me to understand and then accept it was the first drink that got me drunk. Every single time!

Most of the time I just drank but there were times I tried to control the amount I drank at a social functions or if I had planned to go out and it never worked. It was like torture. Once I had one, it was on.

Congrats on 5 months!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome steelersfan07, congratulations on 5 months sober. I'm glad you are feeling better. There is a lot of support here. Best wishes.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Steelersfan- You are an inspiration, especially to people early on in their journey. You have given me hope and a feeling that I can achieve too xxx
Old 11-03-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome SF, and congratulations on 5 months, that is fantastic! Surf the threads here, and see where you feel most at home, I think of SR as a humongous house with lots of rooms, all with different things happening inside, some I visit frequently, some I have no personal interest in, all are wholeheartedly welcoming and with one aim in mind. To aid and maintain recovery. I hope to see you around! ( the One Year and Under is a great place to start, but I only say that cox you will find me there!!)