Welcome to the lifeboat--grab an oar!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Ray

D
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My favourite one is "When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

–Dalai Lama

Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.

–Dalai Lama
Old 11-02-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Rob Halford from Judas priest , Sober 27 years :-

"No. Well, you hit rock bottom. Anybody that’s in recovery will tell you that they just hit the bottom of the s--- pit and basically said “I need help. I can’t do this.” You first admit that you’re powerless over life, and that’s the greatest ... that’s like the holy grail for living. Once you admit that you’re powerless over life, that you have no control over life – no matter what you say or try and do – that’s just the epiphany.
And I think once I got that in my brain box, everything else made sense. You put things into perspective. You put the value of what’s relevant and what’s not. I read a book every night before I go to bed, of different sayings and quotes. The one I read last night was from Mahatma Gandhi, which said everything you do in life in insignificant in the big picture, but it’s important that you do something. (NOTE: The actual quotation is “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”)
It’s like the Buddhist thing: you clean the bowl of food after you’ve eaten the food. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a king or a beggar. It’s a very simple, but important thing to do. It might sound stupid. It might sound completely “What are you talking about?”, but it’s the motion of going through that. And so, for me, in recovery, my brain is always focused, at the end of the day, on something that I think is a tool, it’s useful.
You can never stop growing as a human being, if you make the effort. It’s all about effort. Some people choose to go on through life and have a very simple, uncluttered, beautiful experience. Some people have it differently. But I think what comes out of being clean and sober is a great sense of empowerment and strength that you utilize in your day-to-day existence."

Bestwishes , m
Old 11-02-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

I've 'borrowed' this from one of my fellow Marchers, it struck a chord with me the first time I read it.

Welcome to SR Ray, and thanks for the great thread idea, I look forward to some awesome quotes 😄