Notices

Trying to quit heroin for the first time,help!

Old 11-01-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to quit heroin for the first time,help!

Hey guys!
Sorry if I don't sound my best,I'm starting to feel terrible as I'm trying to get off heroin cold turkey at home.I'm 23 years old and I've been using heroin for two years and a half maybe,I just can't take it anymore,my family is always trying to bring me down,saying how my cousins that are the same age as me are doing so well in life and I'm just here,being lazy,that's what my family calls it,"being lazy"...My mother refuses to recognize I'm an addict,we don't talk about it,she gives me money just so I won't get sick,she doesn't want anyone to find out but it seems like everyone already knows.I'm tired of being an embarrassment,tired of how they make me feel,tired of being neglected,I want to be clean so I can move on with my life,get out of here and surround myself with people who really care.This is why I decided to stop using,it's the first time I've stopped and it's the longest period I've been without using.It's day two today,I've been sweating like crazy,feeling anxious,my whole body is hurting but so far the worst thing has been the anxiety.It's going to get really worse,isn't it?I'm so desperate,so sick,so sad,I came here hoping I could talk to someone even though I'm sitting here in pain,I just need to feel like I'm not alone in this.Sorry if I sound vague,feel free to ask questions if you want,I'm not in the right mind to write something really elaborate at the moment.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

I just came across your post. I must commend you on identifying your problem and trying to take control of it. Detox, especially heroin can be dangerous. Have you considered detoxing in a hospital or looking up local treatment facilities to go to inpatient rehab? There, aided with the strong mindset you have will assist you along your journey.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there,
I have no experience with Heroin. I do know that with time, you will get better. I am not sure if you will get worse. I do not know the in and outs of this type of withdraw. Do you think that you will benefit from a Rehab? Is this an option?
Old 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JLC82 View Post
Hi,

I just came across your post. I must commend you on identifying your problem and trying to take control of it. Detox, especially heroin can be dangerous. Have you considered detoxing in a hospital or looking up local treatment facilities to go to inpatient rehab? There, aided with the strong mindset you have will assist you along your journey.

+1 on this. Watching my best friend struggle with this demon was very hard. He eventually passed away of an overdose on 12/27/12. I wish you the best.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nob0dy - welcome

I have no first hand experience with heroin either, but I tend to agree with the others that it's best to get some outside help if you can.

I know you'll find support here, both in this forum and our substance abuse forum.

D
Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope no one minds but I created another topic in the substance abuse forum.I've asked for help,I've been kicked out of the hospital many times,my family isn't supportive,they just pretend everything is okay when it's not.As for rehab I have very little information about it,that's also why I searched for a forum like this,I never thought I would need rehab because I never recognized I had a problem,now I don't know what to do or where to go.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Went Through the Hell of Heroin Withdrawal and Came Out the Other Side | xoJane
Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

u dont need benzo's and u sure dont need heroin. I started off with vicodins and moved to heroin myself. Same exact things were happening to me just as u have experienced them. and i am 23 years old. You need to be strong and stay committed to kicking this nasty habit. I went thru oxy withdrawals over and over agian and never listened to what my parents and family said about me. Now im on day 4 of withdrawal from heroin. All i can say is take it one day at a time. What helped me is going to NA meetings and actually sharing with other addicts that want to stay clean. Your more than welcome to message me and we can talk... if i can do it u can do it.