Notices

If I don't drink today

Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Im so proud of you Alpha! I'm currently and purposefully dodging Comed (lol)
Old 11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's my fellow Chicago girl, AO!!

I love your attitude!

Let me know if we need to give those supervisors an attitude adjustment.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I loved this post. Sorry you had a bad day, AO, but so proud of you for getting through it sans vino. As Double Barrel said and I can attest to even though I HATE IT when it is happening, each and every one of those clusterfecks that you get through sober, the easier it is the next time. I find my fuse is particularly short these past two weeks (don't know if there's some strange planetary thing going on or whether it's just me who is in retrograde) but everything has seemed to be a challenge of late. People especially. Not gonna drink over it though. Not today at least

Funny little aside, when I read about ConEd and their lovely customer service in your initial post I thought, "Too bad she's not here in Philly, you can always find someone to bribe around here to get your power turned back on..."

...and then I read your third post. So it's good to see that corruption is indeed alive and well in two of America's major cities! Some things never change, no matter the planetary alignment.

Love ya and good on you for muscling through!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Mercury is in retrograde. And that always brings with it a certain kinda of special.

I wanted a manhattan so bad tonight I thought I was going to bust a cap. A manhattan ? Seriously AV ? What do you take me for, an old man? Joan Crawford ? Why not a whiskey stone sour ? Gheesh. What a character this AV is. Relentless little so and so.

I almost forgot the coolest part ! I'm standing in the dark office looking out the window and wondering how my attitude is going to carry me through the day.

I say a little "Can I get little help down here ?" prayer. No sooner am I done uttering the words, what looks like a huge silver balloon flys by the window and lands in my dock. I walk outside to see what it was and sure enough , it's wrapped around the railing, shimmering in the overcast light and it says....

Thinking of you...
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

AO. Sublime! Human nature in all it's glory your day covered the spectrum.
Well done on maintaining your sobriety and your sanity
Old 11-02-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

AO, I think I love you. Your posts inspire me so much. Thank you!!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

A Manhattan? I had to read that twice! I am OLDER than you and I never drank Manhattans, now I drank a lot in Manhattan.......I am just wondering who the h you were in your last life!