Notices

trudgin along!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

trudgin along!

hello everyone happy halloween! its been 4 days since my drastically stupid decision of drunk driving and im happy to be here sober and not having a hangover to celebrate the halloween festivities with my children {ages 11,4,2} i would really like to get involved with more sr activities and threads and i will i have just been runnin around getting last minute stuff for costumes and pumpkins and whatnot! but i do know i have to make myself a priority and this is something i have talked to my husband aboout since feeling so unappreciated has not helped me stay off the drink {not that its the cause lol} i moved to a small town from the big apple a while back and its been a hard and lonely move. i felt like i deserved my "mommy juice" since it was like an old comforting friend when i had nobody to lean on. anyway, just thought id share a little which is quite hard for me to do.... unless of course im drunk, in which case everyone i encounter knows my life story haha have a great and sober day all!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work Peacedevine. It may not seem like it now, but you'll find that being sober will eventuallly give you much more energy and resources to "lean on" than alcohol did any day. In fact, the alcohol was sucking the energy and money out of you the whole time anyway. Have a fun day with your kids, I've found there were so many things I was missing with mine while I was busy drinking that I try and suck up as much as I can. Stay strong!