Notices

Increased cravings/temptations to party/drink/drug....

Old 10-31-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
Hi RobbyRobot, thanks for the advice. And the consequences are what bothers me the most about giving into the cravings. I don't want to hurt my family anymore. I don't want to get thrown out of my house. I don't want the increased depression/anxiety the day after. I'm just out of a 5-week rehab program and my option are running out. But still, I always feel these things and still end up drinking. Either stupidity or insanity. Or both.
Hey Robert,

You know, all those examples about the consequences are all outside of YOU and your responsibilities to yourself. Can you see that? You really don't have any control over those things sober or drunk.

I would like to say you have placed yourself in a place where you come in second place to your own life. I can tell you from my own experiences that consequences will not be enough for the down and out alcoholic guy. I simply didn't care enough about consequences I'm sorry to say but that is the truth of my experiences.

I suggest you take a good and careful look at your FEELINGS and you'll discover you need to change things up so that YOU care a whole lot more about YOU and to hell with outside issues that you can't control anyways.

When was the last time you cared about yourself, Robert?

Wanting to quit looks like that is the time?

With all respect.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say thanks guys. I feel a lot better now and I think I forget that these awful powerful cravings actually pass with a bit of time in between. So right now, I think I can get through today without drinking. Glad I shared. Maybe this is the start of something beautiful.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Hey Robert,

You know, all those examples about the consequences are all outside of YOU and your responsibilities to yourself. Can you see that? You really don't have any control over those things sober or drunk.

I would like to say you have placed yourself in a place where you come in second place to your own life. I can tell you from my own experiences that consequences will not be enough for the down and out alcoholic guy. I simply didn't care enough about consequences I'm sorry to say but that is the truth of my experiences.

I suggest you take a good and careful look at your FEELINGS and you'll discover you need to change things up so that YOU care a whole lot more about YOU and to hell with outside issues that you can't control anyways.

When was the last time you cared about yourself, Robert?

Wanting to quit looks like that is the time?

With all respect.

And true, I don't care a lot bout myself these days.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some useful tips for cravings here - I particularly recommend urge surfing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D