Notices

crashed into a mailbox

Old 10-30-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome, peacedivine. I am glad you are here with us. I hope you will post often. Please understand that everyone here wants you to succeed. I have been on the receiving end of some "tough love" posts, and I initially felt hurt by them. But knowing now that these people have my best interests in mind kept me coming back. And by coming back, I have stayed sober. And I finally have my life back. I hope the same for you. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome peacedevine, there is tons of support here. I'm glad you have joined us. Best wishes to you.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I was going to say that the only difference between the court ordered folks in AA and you was that they got popped by the cops when they drove drunk into a mailbox but now that you explained that you know some of those people and don't feel like being with them, it's fair enough. Why don't you join us at the 24 hours club as a starter while you explore your recovery options?
We commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours and it's a fun little thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4266511
Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
Welcome, peacedivine. I am glad you are here with us. I hope you will post often. Please understand that everyone here wants you to succeed. I have been on the receiving end of some "tough love" posts, and I initially felt hurt by them. But knowing now that these people have my best interests in mind kept me coming back. And by coming back, I have stayed sober. And I finally have my life back. I hope the same for you. Good luck.
It was tough love from this forum that even got me to consider sobriety. Before I came here sobriety was not even a blip in my thoughts. I will forever be grateful for those members who called me out on my BS. Maybe down the line, I may even say they saved my life/sanity . . . . .
Old 10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I find the fellowship on this site alone is just what I have needed to stay sober. I know I'm not alone, I get and give advice on what has worked and not worked in sobriety, and I see the pain in newcomers and relapsers and that ensures for today I don't forget how awful I felt just over 2 weeks ago when I joined. Welcome! No judging from me .
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

.....but, I'm a newbie and reserve the right to change my mind regarding what works and doesn't down the line (lol) . All I know is this site has been a Godsend for me thus far.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Peace - I'm happy you decided to post about what happened. It really helped me to be able to talk honestly here - you are among friends who understand.

Every time I drank I never knew where it would lead me. I put myself in some dangerous & embarrassing situations - swearing I'd just have 'a couple' and always having the whole bottle, then another bottle. I had no control at all in the end - so a tragedy was waiting to happen. It had become exhausting to control myself - and quitting all together actually was a huge relief. I had fought it for a long time, but I was finally ready. Sounds like you are there. Glad to have you with us.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
AlmA

peacedevine

That was a warning, do not close the eyes to that...
you are lucky nothing happened whit the car...
You have not killed anybody or hurt yourself...

Do something about it NOW...

Glad you are here, I hope you wake up and get out of a sinking boat...
Old 10-30-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

FWIW, I am not stating the danger of what happened to throw stones, cast aspersions, or take someone elses inventory.

Most all of us alcoholics have driven under the influence, myself included.

It is one of the things that I am appalled at having done, and the amazing luck and fortune that I did not have to get sober in a jail cell, or live with having destroyed someone else's life. I am certainly not feeling better than anyone else or judging, just stating a simple fact.

Facing the truth about how out of control I had been helped me get better, and I wish the OP all the best.