Notices

Epiphany

Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Epiphany

I wonder if I should be worried that, in the face of severe economic security in my life, I am not scared or anxious. I would have flipped out at the circumstances I find myself in right now, but at the moment I feel nothing more than a twinge of concern. I have no car, no guarantee of having my job for a significant amount of time, being paid barely above minimum wage, no health insurance (and apparently I need to buy it by the beginning of the year... ha... I can't pay rent, how can I afford anything else?)... but right now, I am just happy to be alive. I am at the bottom, and I still wake up in the morning, feel the genuine desire to smile, and feel total and immense gratitude for everything that I DO have: Friends, family, lovers, supportive coworkers and bosses at a brand new job, friendly people who smile at me on the street... life is the Kindness game: The meaning of life is to be kind - greet, give, and be grateful.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post Jade! I have found that things tend to work themselves out, but only when we are sober! Your attitude will get you far! Keep positive and keep posting!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Love !!

This reminds me of the prologue of the book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

He had lost everything, was in the pits of hell depression wise and had a epiphany/spiritual awakening ,and spent the next two years basically homeless, sitting on a park bench....

In total bliss.

If you haven't read it, you may find your brother from another mother.

XO AO
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Wow Jade!
You must be God send coz your story is mine. I thot I was the only one hurting beyond repair but apparently not. @ least be thankful you have employment; it's very hard w/o it but I do a gratitude list in the mrg & before bed as sponsor once told me to avoid depression
Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jade

A lovely post. Many wealthy folks would give their left arm to have what you are feeling right now I can assure you of that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are feeling. We all strive for it !
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 10-30-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome Jade, I am happy for you.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post jade and great attitude!! I think we all sometimes forget how lucky we are and what a lot of good things we have in our lives. Sometimes we should just be truly thankful.