Notices

Now what.....?

Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now what.....?

I have an eating disorder, which I have been in great control of over the last eight months but for some reason it's kicking into high gear again, which is also a huge trigger for drinking. The main reason it's a huge issue is because now I am back to sneaking around and lying... ugh!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share but I know it's very easy to start or return to other addictions once we get one under control.

I know you'll get replies here, but have you checked out our Eating Disorders forum as well?

D
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't have experience with an eating disorder, but I can sure relate to the sneaking around and lying. The lying took on a life of its own during my alcoholism. The sneaking around and lying was an adrenaline rush for me, and then of course, I would crash.

Do you think the eating disorder returning is in response to your stopping drinking months ago? Could it be that the underlying issues that cause the addiction are still unresolved?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What kind of treatment do you have for your ED? I needed therapy to recover from mine. The last time I tried to quit drinking I found I started struggling with it again. It's easy to jump from addiction to addiction.