Notices

8 weeks

Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 weeks

I reached my 8 week milestone yesterday and I was too busy to even think about it.

If I wasn't sober I don't know how I would be able to keep up with my life. Sobriety has given me this wonderful ability to chose my actions from a nearly endless list of possibilities. I was a slave to alcohol before, always doing what it told me or fighting not to. Now I feel safe and competent because I know that I can handle whatever comes along.

My life has become so much more challenging and yet manageable in these past 8 weeks. I do not feel like I am struggling with mental health issues like I was before, while drinking depression and anxiety were constant issues in my life.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel better than before. Thanks for your support.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome. Great job.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

8 weeks also!

Originally Posted by Flying4Life View Post
I reached my 8 week milestone yesterday and I was too busy to even think about it.

If I wasn't sober I don't know how I would be able to keep up with my life. Sobriety has given me this wonderful ability to chose my actions from a nearly endless list of possibilities. I was a slave to alcohol before, always doing what it told me or fighting not to. Now I feel safe and competent because I know that I can handle whatever comes along.

My life has become so much more challenging and yet manageable in these past 8 weeks. I do not feel like I am struggling with mental health issues like I was before, while drinking depression and anxiety were constant issues in my life.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel better than before. Thanks for your support.
. I know just how you feel...it is wonderful to run your own life again...great job
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations flying4life

D
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is such an inspiring post! I, too, feel like getting sober gave me back a strength that I felt I had lost to my depression and anxiety. The reality is that I lost my personal strength because of my alcohol use Keep on flyin', Flyin!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 weeks sober.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Congratulations!