Notices

dark thoughts

Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dark thoughts

As the above says.having very dark thoughts. If I ended it all, wouldn't that make everything better?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, I think you know the answer to that animalnurse

It's very important to remember that the way you feel now is not the way you may feel tomorrow or next week, or next year.

Drink can drive us to despair but there is hope, there is recovery and there is a happy future

It's also very important you reach out -= do you have any friends, relatives or people you could talk to?

there are helplines too:

Helplines and support services
If you need to talk to someone other than emergency services, try these helplines:

Below is a list of some of the services available which offer support, information and help. All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week unless otherwise specified.

Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
Depression Helpline (8 am to 12 midnight) - 0800 111 757
Healthline - 0800 611 116
Samaritans - 0800 726 666 (for callers from the Lower North Island, Christchurch and West Coast) or 0800 211 211 / (04) 473 9739 (for callers from all other regions)
Suicide Crisis Helpline (aimed at those in distress, or those who are concerned about the wellbeing of someone else) - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)

Depression - home - includes The Journal online help service
THE LOWDOWN / Helping youth with depression - visit the website, email [email protected] or free text 5626 (emails and text messages will be responded to between 12 noon and 12 midnight).

OUTLine NZ - 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) (provides confidential telephone support for sexuality or gender identity issues).

you can also call 111 if you feel in immediate danger of self harm, or call a DHB Mental Health Crisis team

Auckland Auckland City Central Auckland 0800 800 717

There's a lot of reading in this link that may help you as well?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

there's a lot of support here animal nurse - please use it, ok?
D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-29-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey nurse, my heart goes out to you, so sorry for your pain. Those dark feelings are a warning cry from yourself that you need to take action. Those feelings can be bio physical and or they can also be emotional cues that you just don't want to feel anymore pain!

Do you have anyone you can talk to face to face?
Hug to you!!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The answer is no.
It would not make anything better.
It would be the end of a beautiful soul; we would lose a special woman who has so very much to give.

I have been there.
Many of us have...I can only thank God every day that I didn't die when I was in the very deepest darkest despair.

You may not feel as if you matter right now, but you do.
You matter to me; you matter to all of us who are here on SR.

Please reach out to one of the support avenues Dee has posted here....
I promise you, there are better days ahead.

So much love to you,

Venus xx
Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No, it wouldn't be better. You'd just be dead and not able to enjoy a sober life which is abtainable. Many of us here are doing it. You can too.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
I know of what you speak. I drank suicidaly and was killing myself on the installment plan.
I've also been suicidal in my life. Why live when all I do is drink and deal with the wreckage of my past and the horrors of being hungover?

But, I quit. Things aren't all roses and puppy dogs, but they are so much better.
I'm also mentaly ill and have suicidal thoughts. But that's all they are: thoughts. I do not act on them.
I feel for you. We're here for you. As you can tell by the answers you've recieved in the posts above.

Keep coming back. Post as often as you need to. Get help.

My very best to you.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My dark thoughts became much brighter once I stopped drinking. As a suicide survivor I hope you do contact the resources that Dee suggested. I'm sending you a big cyber hug!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Animalnurse.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

animal
well for you , i think you will never know because you will never know what brings you tomorrow. tomorrow can bring a good thing especially if you want it to be.
i hope and pray for you, please join the chat room and talk to people here in real time. there are great support and help
Old 10-29-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Thanku for ur supportive posts. I was too scared to read the replies, scared I would b called foolish, attention seeking etc just was so sad I saw my counselor today and she gave me alot to think about and work on and even some comfort. So thanku so much guys. And thanks Dee for all the links. U are special people xxx
Old 10-30-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AN

Please do take care of yourself. I believe there is no judgement here at all. We're all in this together so please do post at will. I hope you are feeling better now !
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad you were able to talk it through and it helped.

There are many of us who have felt that way. I remember my dark times. Just try and hold on to the thought that things really do get better the longer we are sober x