Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kys - hows it going?

D
Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kys View Post
And maybe a weird one but when I'm full and had a hearty dinner my cravings dramatically decrease.
Kys, if you mean "full" as in full from a good meal that's not weird, a lot of us find the cravings decrease if we eat a proper amount of good food.

If you go back over your posts in this thread you'll see that you have actually spelled out your problem: you bring home work, you have a few drinks to 'power' through it, you drink but don't get the work done, then you wake up tired ... over and over. Re-think your routine! Make dinner time the important thing in your evening, get a good night's sleep, then you'll get the work done in the working day. I know, I used to do the same.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Food and cravings are totally linked, kys. HALT= Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. If we are any of these, our cravings get worse. So have a good meal, spend some time with family or sober friends (or volunteer), get some good sleep and try not to get too angry. Especially at yourself. We alcoholics are experts at beating ourselves up.

You are here, you deserve to be sober and treat yourself well.