Notices

Tired all of the Time

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired all of the Time

I am on Day 29. I actually am getting a good 8-10 hours of sleep each night without any sleep aids, for the last two weeks or so. Still, I feel tired all of the time. (Ladies, almost like when we were first pregnant?!?) Last night I was out with my husband and I couldn't wait to go home and go to sleep. I felt like I was in a food coma. I honestly feel like I have less energy now than I had when I was drinking. Any insight/similar experiences?!?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Doubledragons, yes I felt very tired during early sobriety. Your body is recovering. Great job on 29 days. It will get better.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you know if your iron levels are good? That could make a huge difference.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you eating well? lots of fresh fruit and veg?
Have you had any bloods done too find out if your lacking in any essential vitamins?
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, thanks. I had blood work recently and all of the numbers were normal except sligh tly elevated triglycerides.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

DoubleDragon- ME TOO! Still at day 30 I find myself almost asleep where I stand by 1 or 2 in the afternoon- ALWAYS TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If your bloods are all good, I'd just keep resting up for a while, your body is recovering and make sure your diet is good.

I'd swap any time! I'm a month in and haven't had more than a couple hrs every night.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you checked with your dr.

It sounds like it will just take a bit more time before you start feeling better. I didn't realize what a profound effect the sugar in alcohol had on me until I stopped drinking.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was tired for at least the first month DD. I think we underestimate what we put our body through as drinkers...and then there's withdrawal on top of that.....

hope you feel better soon

D
Old 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

We can not expect our bodies to heal in a month when we abused them for years. I know I wanted instant results I found recovery is a long slow process but it does get a little bit better each day. I know only too well that patience is a bitter pill to swallow but have faith things do get better
Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I see you did go to the doctor and your blood levels were normal, which is great.

BUT

The body really DOES need to heal. I don't know how much you drank or what you drank however nearly every single organ is affected by abusing ethanol, including the brain.

It takes time and eating well, drinking plenty of water, getting a moderate amount of exercise, and sleep. Blessed sleep.

My doctor told me most healing takes place during our sleeping hours and I do believe this to be very true in my case.

The exhaustion will go away in time and as long as you don't drink your body and brain will come around again.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

let yourself get the rest and good diet you need...BUT...if you still feel like this in say another 3 weeks, go back to the doctor and just tell them. If it is something that is NOT alcohol related, you want to be sure you pin point the problem sooner rather than later.

it could also be thyroid or hormones related which is fixable.

not everything is due to alcohol, so don't just figure it is that and suffer.... I do hope you are OK and feel better soon!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EndGame

Even at low levels, anxiety and depression knock us out; even if we don't directly feel the feelings related to anxiety and depression.

When we get sober, we finally give our bodies an opportunity to rest and repair. And our bodies are happy to have it.