Notices

A triumph today

Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A triumph today

A Long story short,I had a quite important today which didn't turn out to be the best.Up at 5 in the morning and got a lift to the train station.3 hours each way and I can't stand public transport!

Anyways it it didn't turn out great,3 hours each way,not driving and it finished early.I had a thought about going to the pub as I had time but erased that thought in my mind which has never happened before and I'm so proud of myself.Its only been a week so I know its a long road ahead,but I'm always hard on myself that I've got to give myself a pat on the back.Its only a short while but it does feel good when you win a battle with alcohol and hopefully there are many more victories to come!

Strength to you all and have a good day,it's bed time for me as I'm up for work with a clear head and a pint of optimism for the first time in a long time!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Actually, it sounds like today turned out pretty well for you! Good on you for resisting the call of the alcohol. That was a test and you passed it with flying colours

And talking of flying, I hope our 'storm' tomorrow isn't as bad as predicted! In the storm of 87, our greenhouse went flying, never to be seen again!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It feels so good when we get over those hurdles, Django! Congratulations on making it through the temptation.

It does get easier as we go along - one day it will barely cross your mind. I never thought I'd get to that point, but it happened.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Actually, it sounds like today turned out pretty well for you! Good on you for resisting the call of the alcohol. That was a test and you passed it with flying colours

And talking of flying, I hope our 'storm' tomorrow isn't as bad as predicted! In the storm of 87, our greenhouse went flying, never to be seen again!
I'm in the middle of nowhere in between Tunbridge wells and Eastbourne and it's already blowing a gale!Apparently it's going to start to get worse tomorrow and Monday so judging by tonight it's going to be some storm.I was born 2 years after the 87 storm and hope I don't make you feel old ;-)
Old 10-26-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Django View Post
I'm in the middle of nowhere in between Tunbridge wells and Eastbourne and it's already blowing a gale!Apparently it's going to start to get worse tomorrow and Monday so judging by tonight it's going to be some storm.I was born 2 years after the 87 storm and hope I don't make you feel old ;-)
Well, thank you for that, Django!!! But age is just a number after all.... (yeah, right!)
Old 10-26-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on remaining sober in the face of temptation!