Notices

Day 1

Old 10-27-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Talking Day 1

Tomorrow is day 1 at my new job. I underestimated the anxiety I would have today. My OCD is in full weasel mode! That's how I got the nickname.... I can be very weasely looking when I have a plan to execute. Lol very intent.

Before my acceptance of addiction came along day 1's had no meaning to me. I mean I had no life events... Or traditional life events ... that I could mark day one other than a new job. No marriage... No kids... Nothing seemed to make me stop to mark an event.

Yet my addictions and subsequent treatments have all been time based. Event based. Day 1... Day 30... Me personally? Not a day counter. I am more a look around me and see if this is what I want kind a guy.

Made big changes this last year. Precipitated by a domestic violence event. In some strange way I have looked back and said thank you. No one wants to go through any of the crap I heaped on myself. But I caused it and only I can un-cause it. And that's what I am doing.

I am so far from perfect but I do see that this day one is of great value to me. It's perfect in that it's what I need right now.

So... I will get up tomorrow... Nervous.... Give thanks... And take in my day 1 for all its worth.

Thank you SR for the support. You are the best!

Ken
Old 10-27-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Yeah!

You got it going on, Ken!

Awesomely well done and so enjoy all that excitement that comes with your new responsibilities as you continue to overhaul your new life.

Giving thanks and having gratitude is a best way forward experience absolutely and you already have that going on too!

Congrats, Ken!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hmm un-cause ?
For me i try to find acceptance and move on , to un-cause seems like trying to un-happen something or to deny reality . I had to give that up when the alcohol that allowed me to live in that denial of reality was killing me .

Since my calendar died on my old laptop i'm not sure how many days it is . I also look around me and see if this is what i want, but i make sure my eyes are fully open and don't have romantic short focus lenses on ....

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I hope your day went well Ken!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too

D
Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

Made big changes this last year. Precipitated by a domestic violence event. In some strange way I have looked back and said thank you.
Congratulations , Oh ! What a year

Thanks , Truly

Tr
Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you Ken - hoping it was a good beginning at your new job.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Always glad to read about your ongoing successes and wins against the Beast.

Stay strong and carry on. Keep us updated.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ken, I'll be sending you some serious power vibes for your "day 1". Be there for each moment and let the past be the past and the future be the future.
Your Pal,
Cas
Old 10-29-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey thanks everyone!!!

I had a smooth first day. People are nice and the way this company takes care of its employees is amazing. Very google like.

Anyway... Today is the first day at my desk with my team. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I can be very shy and private so I need to be a bit more outgoing than normal until we all get settled.

I wanted to drink bad yesterday. Not sure why. But I didn't and up early to be ready.

Thank for all the support. It means more than you know.

Ken
Old 10-29-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ken don't be worried, everyone will mesh together.
you are going through hugh new changes, work, new house alone, new car, new state to live in, hell even the temperatures are different.
that might be where the drink thought came from? fear is shortlived. give yourself a week to adjust, stick close and contact your friends to stay in touch with those who care.
how are the cats doing? how is the car? what is the water like there? (drinkable)?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fandy... I did not line up all the "new" things up like that so yeah.... Not much is recognizable other than my addictions. Lol

The cats are doing fine.... The trip was smelly....

Ok.... The water? This is Maine. Poland spring and all? Born better in Maine... The water I mean.

The car... Ahhhh... A VW CC Sport.... So sweet to drive.

All in all I am done with changes for a while... Time to coast and get a new support system in place.

Ken
Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

cool

To learn the meaning of unconditional love towards oneself is the best gift recovery has given me today. It means not worrying about whether I do things right or wrong, but staying willing to do a thorough Step 10, and know within that God will look after His end when I meet Him in the middle, AND will carry me when I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do...one day at a time.

Day 1.....is always Day 1 because today is all I have...tomorrow is always tomorrow...its always tomorrow.

Peace to you Ken...worry gets you nothing but aches and pains. Self-confidence and trust in the Higher Power is the best.....

Walkingman62
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Weasel....I wish you the best today and tomorrow with your employment.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey K,
Put your feet on the ground , lift your head to the stars , the story's continuation is yours' for the making ,

m