Notices

Hello

Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello everyone.
I'm still finding weekends hard- that is my old habits kick in. I'm drinking less but I'm noticing it is having a greater effect on me. I'm sure its because after years of this - the old body just doesn't process the booze like it used to. The moderation road isn't working too well. Anyway thought i would check in. Man this is a long process!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I noticed the difference that alcohol had on me as I got older....much worse....Have you considered quitting? Although I have been sober for years, on and off, I always relapsed and tried to moderate my drinking. After this last bout...I have to accept that I am DONE. I cannot moderate...it turns into a blackout, a binge, weight gain, etc....for me. Wishing you well.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hello Bills, I could never have moderation however much I convinced myself, I can be a social drinker. Nope, that wasn't me. Also, I couldn't handle it like I used to, probably too much abuse with years of drinking. So, I follow the path less trodden and have stopped completely. Good luck, keep looking in on SR, they're a great help.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Moderation is impossible for me too, Bills. And I'm happy with that! It makes me feel free. No more agonising about what wine there is, its alcoholic content, how many I can have, and where I can get more. And that's without even considering the effect it had on my poor partner who would see me morph in front of his eyes into a wine-soaked, selfish witch!

No, believe me, it's much, much easier this way!