Notices

AA/CA stole my boyfriend!

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sbfoxy View Post
Hmm, Im not too sure. I do believe him when he goes for coffee because it seems to be what a lot of them do and he has invited them to the house on occasions so I know how they can get when they start talking (they can talk for hours!)

We are still on talking terms, its just that we don't speak on a daily basis. He says he loves me so much but just needs to concentrate on his own recovery.

Am I being too trusting or naïve???
I think you're just a nice,decent person who doesn't want her relationship to end.

Thank you for taking my comments in the way they were meant.It's hard on the internet to not come across as harsh especially in affairs of the heart.

From my own experience with men I know that when a man says he wants to be alone/end the relationship [I]for whatever reason[I]he usually means it.

For your own sanity ,self respect and dignity your best option is just to let him go. I wish I'd followed my own advice over the years and saved myself a whole load of grief,heartache and loss of self respect.

Cut contact, walk away. If he loves you he'll come back to you. If you chase him you 'll just push him further away and end up losing all your dignity and self respect.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I think you're just a nice,decent person who doesn't want her relationship to end.

Thank you for taking my comments in the way they were meant.It's hard on the internet to not come across as harsh especially in affairs of the heart.

From my own experience with men I know that when a man says he wants to be alone/end the relationship [I]for whatever reason[I]he usually means it.

For your own sanity ,self respect and dignity your best option is just to let him go. I wish I'd followed my own advice over the years and saved myself a whole load of grief,heartache and loss of self respect.

Cut contact, walk away. If he loves you he'll come back to you. If you chase him you 'll just push him further away and end up losing all your dignity and self respect.
ReadyAtLast, thank you for the advice. I know this is what I have to do, its just so hard to make that step but Im sure as time passes it will get easier and its so helpful & inspiring to listen to the hhelp/advice of others on SR. I will defo take your advice and I will keep coming back here.

Big hugs