Notices

Don't know what to do

Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi cj,

Do you recognize what this is?

I doubt this will be my last slip ( although here's hoping) but I can do this in the long run.
Doubting that this will be your last slip is the same as planning for it. You're talking yourself into the fact that you will drink again and that attitude has to change. Hoping is not enough. All and any necessary action including realizing that there is no excuse good enough has to happen.

You have to go at it with "This is it, I'm done".

This is not to say that you have to commit yourself to forever (remember I said that we dislike that word?) It only means that you have to commit yourself 100% for now and let time take care of the rest. Take any thoughts about what will happen in the future and eliminate them.

You CAN do this.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi cjp...I, too, thought I could drink in moderation, after years of sobriety. Needless to say, this resulted in thorough drinking for the last 3 years, often drinking waaaaaay too much, until September when I began drinking (a lot) daily. I have only been sober for 11 days, but I do know that I can NEVER drink again. That's just me...This is a great site for support, and there are many ways "out there" these days to "stay quit". All the best!