Notices

26 days

Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 days

Why do the days seem to drag by when I get to almost a month? Today I have a lot of stuff to do so I am trying to not get overwhelmed. I had horrible nightmares and drinking dreams last night, I haven't had those kind of vivid dreams in quite a while. Trying to start to feel good again on a consistent basis but my moods are still up and down. Staying strong and not going back to relapse this time.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

#26 here as well.

Woke up this morning hungover from a drinking dream. It took me several minutes upon waking up to reconstruct my yesterday's sober reality, that's how strong the dream was.

But, we're sober, and that's quite something to enjoy

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Why do the days seem to drag by when I get to almost a month? Today I have a lot of stuff to do so I am trying to not get overwhelmed. I had horrible nightmares and drinking dreams last night, I haven't had those kind of vivid dreams in quite a while. Trying to start to feel good again on a consistent basis but my moods are still up and down. Staying strong and not going back to relapse this time.
I feel quite good after a drinking dream. Especially when I wake up and realise I'm sober. Sometimes have a bit of a thick head but it disappears much quicker than a hangover
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Remember all the bad alcohol brings ..

26 days

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I cannot get motivated. I am soooooo tired and I just want to stay in bed. Am I healing?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also had those tired periods. With all the damage I did I figured my body could use the rest. I will say they were very peaceful snoozes. I still get tired at times after 54 days, but I find I'm becoming more and more rested (energetic) as each day passes

All the best,
Methodman
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm pretty close to you Ach, at 33 days, and I am so tired all the time. I have to force myself out of bed in the morning to go to work. I think I could just sleep all day. I'm no expert, but I think part of it is that I am just having bad dreams every night. I haven't had any drinking dreams, just yucky dreams. I know I'm not getting good sleep.

I'm hoping it gets better soon. I'm so zombified, I don't feel chipper anymore like I was earlier in my sobriety.

Good luck to you.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It takes the body a good while to fully recover from the damage done by alcohol. Are you taking in enough good food? You might want to add a good multi vitamin to your diet. Ask your doctor about some B 12. I take it in the mornings and it helps. I take EmergenC too as the day goes on and I start to wear out. Be sure to drinks lots of water too.

If its been a while since you've seen a doctor, a good check up should be considered.

It really does get better. I had to work hard on my mental attitude.

Love from Lenina