Notices

My mess

Old 10-23-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

My mess

I lost my kids last night, they were taken from me.

The threat of having them taken was not enough, now their gone and I can't cope with the pain.

I have been with the same man for so long but we broke up earlier this year. I had a one night fling and I'm pregnant. I want it gone. I never believed in abortion until now. I asked the man to help me, he has gone. I can't afford it, I can't go to the clinic without a support person to sign me in and pick me up because it's surgery, I'm only 5-6 weeks.

I feel completely done, I wish someone was beside me, holding me, I'm nearly 30, I'm a grown up. I've known for 10 years of my problem. I'm going to die.

Help
Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Liz. You can make arrangements to get a support person if this is what you need but I think it might be better to talk to someone who can guide you through all the options.

Considering Abortion? Unplanned Pregnancy? - Pregnancy Counselling Australia

is a volunteer, independent organisation which has trained female counsellors. They can be contacted on a 24 hour helpline 1300 737 732

PS Liz I'm a female Australian that's how I know this information.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get the help you need to get thru this. Please don't give up hope.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi lizisme, there's a lot of support out there for you, you just have to ask. Why not start with your doctor? He/she will give you options regarding your pregnancy. Have the welfare people offered you counselling or rehab?
You can sink or swim now, and it would be fantastic if you could use this time to get clean/sober, and get the children back. Are you up for it?
If you like, PM me with where in Australia you live and I will help you with resources. Stay strong.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all your going through Liz - please do lean on us here and the support and understanding we can offer.

you can get through this and not only come out the other side but leave the drinking behind as well.

D
Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't lose hope! As bad as things are now you can turn things around. Someday if you get your life straightened out, you will be able to be a force of good in the lives of your kids. You've just got to start. There's always hope!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Hi Liz. You can make arrangements to get a support person if this is what you need but I think it might be better to talk to someone who can guide you through all the options.

is a volunteer, independent organisation which has trained female counsellors. They can be contacted on a 24 hour helpline 1300 737 732

This service is an anti-choice organization who will attempt to instil guilt and fear into a pregnant woman in order to sway her from choosing an abortion. Places like these scare women into making a decision that suits THEIR own organization's beliefs as opposed to the woman's personal needs. Not an unbiased organization and does not even have any referral power. I know this as we have them in Canada (and the USA) and it was easy to see, from their website, their anti-choice agenda.

Liz, I hope, starting today, you make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post

I want to believe that you did not know the nature of this organization. Someone in as much pain as the poster does not need an anti-choice group forcing decisions upon her.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RevivingOphelia View Post
This service is an anti-choice organization who will attempt to instil guilt and fear into a pregnant woman in order to sway her from choosing an abortion. Places like these scare women into making a decision that suits THEIR own organization's beliefs as opposed to the woman's personal needs. Not an unbiased organization and does not even have any referral power. I know this as we have them in Canada (and the USA) and it was easy to see, from their website, their anti-choice agenda.

Liz, I hope, starting today, you make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
This is an overly political post for a recovery forum and smacks of your own personal agenda.

You also have no factual basis for your claims as you state you are in Canada and have no personal experience with this organization in Australia.

To the OP, I am exceedingly sorry to hear about what has happened to you and your children, including the precious one you are carrying. Maintaining your sobriety at this point is your best option for moving forward in a way that protects everyone involved.

Do you have a plan in place to remain sober?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure if Liz has seen this thread again but I think it's up to Liz to follow up the leads, or not, and make her own choices.

Let's focus on Liz, not politics.
Please continue any such discussion by PM.

Here's some more leads:

healthdirect Australia is a 24 hour telephone Australian health advice line. If you have a health concern and you’re not sure what to do, simply call 1800 022 222* and speak with a registered nurse. You’ll get fast, expert advice about any health issue, helping you make an informed decision about how to manage it.

This service is not designed to replace your GP or the Triple Zero (000) emergency service, and does not provide any diagnosis – only advice.
healthdirect Australia is available throughout the ACT, NSW, the Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia.
Lifeline
24 hr counselling. All Issues.
Phone: 13 11 14 (cost of local call from landline)
Lifeline Australia - Home
Unplanned Pregnancy Support

Children by Choice - If You're Pregnant

D