Notices

Day 9 - it's getting easier

Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 - it's getting easier

The last time I posted a week ago, I had gotten fired and bought a bottle after a week of sobriety- ending up wandering my neighborhood all night feeling sorry for myself. I found myself on the steps of a church, and one of the ladies from inside brought me in and I stayed for the service.

It has been 9 days since then and I am still sober, and every day is getting easier. I threw myself into the task of finding a job, which I acquired within a few days at a sushi place making sushi and as a prep cook.

I'm am enjoying it, they are a very supportive group of people, and I am doing well. Every day I have an urge or a pang of want of a drink (Let's get a shot as a celebration! One bottle wouldn't hurt, you're doing so well!), but I quickly delete it from my mind and focus on something else, reminding me of what really matters - alcohol does nothing for my life. It is focusing on myself being fulfilled with interests and activities that mean something to me, being fully committed to living life fully, enjoying myself at work sober, working on relationships and repairing what damage I have done.

I'm glad that I started on this new path with you all. You've been truly instrumental in giving me the hope and support needed to keep fighting.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jade I remember your post - it's nice to read that your doing well now 9 days ago I turned a corner too - I don't think I answered your post at that time as I was in the airport I'm sure lol anyway I'm really pleased that you got a job and are getting on your feet. Never be fooled by that devious wee voice 'only one' you don't want to end up walking the neighbourhood again lol keep it up!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new job, Jade! You certainly are a pick yourself up by the bootstraps kind of a person. I like your spirit!!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you're back on track, that was quite a post! Did you ever go pick apples with them? At the very least I hope you go by and let them know you're doing better. They would probably be very happy.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good to hear...

it will only get better.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 9 days Jade

D
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Glad you're back on track, that was quite a post! Did you ever go pick apples with them? At the very least I hope you go by and let them know you're doing better. They would probably be very happy.
I actually did not go, because they cancelled the outing due to weather. But I did see a member on the bus who chatted with me and who was very happy to hear I was doing better. I am hopefully going back on sunday for service, as long as I'm not working.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SO happy to read this post!!!!!! Happy you are here again and congrats non day 9!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration to me . I am so happy to read this today and that life is going your way. Well done and good luck