Notices

First post: 4th day sober

Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post: 4th day sober

I am on day 4. the first two days I did nothing but sleep and feel horrible. right now its 5am. cant sleep. lots on my mind, feeling tired, feeling sorry for myself. really really wanting to stay up till liquor store opens so i can go drink to help sleep and get rid of this depression ****. I know i shouldn't be posting when i know ill just relapse tomorrow. just feels good to admit to someone or in this case people that I have a problem. i don't like to admit it to my friends or family or even have them know of my issue.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey... you're on day 4 - one of the toughest to get through - the GOOD news is, if you can just hang in there and get through this one, day 5, is where it all starts falling into place and you feel SO much better

You've almost done all the hard work - please don't go ruining it now - let's face it, you'll only have to go through it all again.

Xx
Old 10-22-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.

Well done on 4days,no need for you to drink again,the one thing guaranteed is that if you continue to drink it will get worse,not better.

Make a decision to stay away from the first drink,difficult but doable.

Insomnia and depression are side effects of drinking,the longer you remain sober the better things will get for you.

Wishing you well.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you set yourself up to drink tomorrow you most probably will, I've done it so many times. At day 4 you may be through the worst of the withdrawals, why throw it away? You can feel good about yourself without the booze I promise. I'm on day 3 after having a relapse, it's not worth it. Keep on going, thinking of you

And most importantly, welcome to SR
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
Hey... you're on day 4 - one of the toughest to get through - the GOOD news is, if you can just hang in there and get through this one, day 5, is where it all starts falling into place and you feel SO much better

You've almost done all the hard work - please don't go ruining it now - let's face it, you'll only have to go through it all again.

Xx
You are totally right. I must not do it! plus i haven't smoked at all during these 4 days . so that makes me kind of happy.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 10-22-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 5 really was a breakthrough moment for me- PLEASE keep at it. It is all so worth while!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
Welcome to SR.

Well done on 4days,no need for you to drink again,the one thing guaranteed is that if you continue to drink it will get worse,not better.

Make a decision to stay away from the first drink,difficult but doable.

Insomnia and depression are side effects of drinking,the longer you remain sober the better things will get for you.

Wishing you well.
yeah ill wait it out! keep my head up and fight through the day!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you been through day one and two, why give it up at day five? You already been through the worst... Try water and fruit juice instead...
Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't give up, as everyone is saying you're through the worst!
I find reading and watching about the horrors of alcoholism useful after the worst withdrawals are over, better that than let your mind trick you into thinking that the party can still happen when it can't.