Notices

Happy to be on Day 2!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy to be on Day 2!

Hi all,
Well after 5 months of trying it King Alcohols way i'm back. I made it to 30 days back in May and then i thought i could handle it. Slowly progressed worse and worse until 18 beers on Saturday and a terrible hangover with alot of shame dragged my butt to a meeting last night. It was so nice to be there. I'm heading to a meeting over lunch and then to one tonight. The sober clean and pure life is so much better.
Thanks
Garrison
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 as well Im still feeling some of the lingering withdrawal effects but feel a darn sight better than this time yesterday!

Well done on going to a meeting, hope tonights goes well for you
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Grindolow. It really helped and i'm looking forward to going again. There was another guy there that was on Day 1 and i did see someone that i remembered from earlier in the year. I didn't see my sponsor but i plan on reaching out to him sometime soon while working the steps again.
I was feeling alot of shame yesterday but feel better today. My father called me hammered off his ass over the weekend. He puts down at least a 12 pack a day. I don't want that life. I deserve so much more!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 2 here as well, my posts today are showing it. Hanging in there, you do the same, okay?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So many of us seem to be starting or STOPPING I should say, at the same time. Let's keep in touch and help each other get through this!!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah thanks for asking. I'm trying not to overthink things. Going to take it one day at a time. I have a 9 to 5 job that i'm very lucky to have. I'm going to head to a noon meeting. How are you doing? I know when 2 or 3 comes around i'll start to feel some anxiety. I plan on going to another meeting at 5.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news that you are recommitting to sobriety.

I found after some sober time,it became much easier to live a sober life.Drinking for me became a difficult full time job.

Wishing you well.