Notices

I'm new here

Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking I'm new here

Hello, my names Damien and I'm an addict.. I've actually been in the program from age fifteen.. Although took a long break until early 2012 and going to meetings again. Currently 19 years old.. Lately I'm going to meetings daily. NA has gave me tons of wisdom and knowledge from the program, books and people I've met.

I was going to get a new keytag and celebrate 30 days because it's known as the hardest to most people, but to be honest I don't want to celebrate that. I'm waiting for the 60 days - now that would be something remarkable and something I've never done before my ventures into using which started when I was thirteen.

Anyhow, nice to meet you.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Damien, welcome to SR. Fantastic that you are actively pursuing sobriety. I'm only on Day 1 here, but I'm determined to get it together, have been trying for about a year but only just joined aa last week. Keep up the good work and get that 60 day tag. I'm hoping I'll be able to get through a week and I'll feel on top of the world and have the confidence to soldier on. I keep on getting to day 5 and then drinking, but not this week, this week I will be stronger and call my sponsor on day 5 instead of drinking.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flujays View Post
Hi Damien, welcome to SR. Fantastic that you are actively pursuing sobriety. I'm only on Day 1 here, but I'm determined to get it together, have been trying for about a year but only just joined aa last week. Keep up the good work and get that 60 day tag. I'm hoping I'll be able to get through a week and I'll feel on top of the world and have the confidence to soldier on. I keep on getting to day 5 and then drinking, but not this week, this week I will be stronger and call my sponsor on day 5 instead of drinking.
Hi, thank you for the greeting. I wish you luck as well. When the thought of using comes up I think calling sponser, reading any books, meditation, walks, step work, going to meetings, all of that are far more healthy choices than going out to use and letting it all fall apart. Again, thanks. 1 day at a time.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Damien, congrats on the 30 days. This is a great place for support. Glad you have joined us.